Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Porsche Tool Reference Site

New Porsche Tool Reference Site

Hello Everyone, I would like to introduce you to a website I created for this Porsche Hobby of ours:

https://www.originalporschetools.com/

Landing Page:
    Name:  Untitled 201.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  116.8 KB

I have been working on this for well over one year, and it is slated to go live on February 2, 2021.

The purpose of this site is to memorialize information for future enthusiasts to use as a guide for their own hobby. Many people helped me with this website, both directly and indirectly. I had a lot of help from members from the Porsche356Registry, Early911SRegistry, and others who have helped me expand my knowledge.

Table of contents page found for each model and sub-model when applicable:
    Name:  1973 Untitled 20.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  54.5 KB

Collection of Kits:
    Name:  1973 tool Untitled 20.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  55.8 KB

Details of tools according to model (you are able to toggle between pages to see what came "previous year" or "next year" from the page you are looking at)
    Name:  1974 Untitled 20.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  75.1 KB

959 Tool Kits:
    Name:  Untitled 29.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  103.9 KB

Other Items like Key Fobs:
    Name:  911 Untitled 20.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  110.1 KB

Floor Jacks:
    Name:  911 jack Untitled 20.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  74.5 KB

Owners Manual:
    Name:  Untitled 27.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  84.0 KB

All are invited to subscribe to the website to get updates. This is not "my" website, this is a website I hope that we, as a community, build together. If you find errors, by all means, let me know. All constructive criticism is welcomed and appreciated.

Please let me know if there are any "dead links", Currently, the links to hazet.de archives are not working. Where possible, I posted references in pdf format, or links, and/or quotes from different resources. Again, I am not an authority, I am just one of those few Porschephiles who has had the privilege to own many different model Porsches and wanted to unify all this knowledge into one space.

Please Note any link that says "DEMO" is a link that has not yet been reviewed by an authority... here you will be able to see the process, I start by entering items by my own observation and research, and then I have multiple people review. This makes the process more thorough.

Please keep this fun for everyone.

Sincerely,

Benjamin Abraham
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by twinturbo959; 01-31-2021 at 06:47 PM.
    LOOKING FOR:
    1974 1975 Black Leather Interior (Rear Seats and Drivers Door Top main priority)
    1970's Vasek Polak Frame "Porsche|Audi" written on top
    1950's 356A Rear 1/4 Panels Red/Burgundy Vinyl

I applaud your efforts here. Lots of work.The link in your original post does not appear to work. I've included one below.

http://www.originalporschetools.com

Also I'm not expert, but didn't All 73 tool kits (or more than RS) get the reversible red handle driver?

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I applaud your efforts here. Lots of work.The link in your original post does not appear to work. I've included one below.

http://www.originalporschetools.com

Also I'm not expert, but didn't All 73 tool kits (or more than RS) get the reversible red handle driver?

Scott
    Thank you for the fix to the link.

Regarding the "RS" only... you are correct, the website says "911, RS"... so, this is both the RS models and 911 models from 1872.5-1973. I will make this clearer. Initially, I used "key" models as a roadmap and then filled in the blanks between

Ben
    LOOKING FOR:
    1974 1975 Black Leather Interior (Rear Seats and Drivers Door Top main priority)
    1970's Vasek Polak Frame "Porsche|Audi" written on top
    1950's 356A Rear 1/4 Panels Red/Burgundy Vinyl

OK, kind of funny. I've been working for the last year on a similar site for www.porschetoolkits.com. Looks like we'll have a couple reference sites.

I do have a question. Can you tell me how you acquired the photos for your website? I only ask as many of them appear to be mine and I have no recollection of your asking permission to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post

I do have a question. Can you tell me how you acquired the photos for your website? I only ask as many of them appear to be mine and I have no recollection of your asking permission to use them.
    Pretty relevant question I think
    Mark

Benjamin,

It would be more appropriate to refer to these as "Tools supplied with a Porsche" or "Porsche Tool Kit Contents".
    Most of these were not specifically Porsche tools, and there were hundreds of actual, specific Porsche tools which will apparently not be covered on this site.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Thank you for the work you put into this.
    Tom

Interesting collection of photographs. Are you planning on covering the 912 tools as they were different from the 911 tools of the same era?

I extend my gartitude for all your hard work. Love the easy navigation and graphic design thus far. I am also more than happy to help and supply you clear photos of my correct 1968 SWB toolkit if you encounter issues to use LiveFromNY's images. Cheers and thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Troos View Post
    Thank you for the work you put into this.
    Tom

+1 ...................