Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: European source for Sigla front windscreen?

European source for Sigla front windscreen?

Hi everybody, already looking for a while for a correct Sigla front windscreen for a october 65 build, 66 modelyear SWB.

It is quite hard to find, I know Sierra Madre carries one but the markings don't look correct for an early SWB in my opinion.
    Also shipping something this bulky and fragile would be a pain.

Does anyone know an European source for a correct windscreen?
    I have contacted a few suppliers in Germany, France and Great Brittain but no luck.

Any leads? Thanks in advance!
    Early 911S registry member #1391
    Built '65, MY66 911 in total restoration

No source but I am having the masks made for the correct Sigla logo and will apply it to a screen I got from van Kessel. Just need to figure out how to remove the current black logo

I understand that the logo versions cost about $500 more than new glass with no logo.
    Stoddards and Sierra Madre have them.
    I would be interested to go in on the correct logo film if available
    Thanks
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

Pilkington owns the name... They will make one with the 'modern' Sigla logo special order...

Name:  Sigla front screen.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  36.5 KB

Sigla Logo'd 'Shield

Quote Originally Posted by dwa911 View Post
    . . . Pilkington owns the name... They will make one with the 'modern' Sigla logo special order . . .
    Awesome --- thanks for that . . .

. . . one of the last bits I'd like to swap out is my PPG replacement 'shield . . .

. . . how much?

We Can Be Heroes

I got it through Differs in NL. https://www.differsgroup.nl/en/about/. They split off from TwinSpark. Great group. Working with them on my current build. Depends on exchange rate, but was about €500. Can contact Leon or Joost at Differs.

I had a call with Pilkington...
    delivery time is about three month....prepaid of course, no step back from order possible...
    There a several screens possible:
    standard, green, blue tint from top, green tint from top, prepared for on screen mirror attachment and else...
    I will also receive a price list...

br

stay safe&healthy
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    No source but I am having the masks made for the correct Sigla logo and will apply it to a screen I got from van Kessel. Just need to figure out how to remove the current black logo
    That sounds very interesting! Please keep me/us posted.
    The current black logo can be (easily) polished off, I have all my remaining glass polished and the carefully masked off the logo's to prevent them from being polished off.

Quote Originally Posted by dwa911 View Post
    Pilkington owns the name... They will make one with the 'modern' Sigla logo special order...

Name:  Sigla front screen.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  36.5 KB

That is very cool! Question is how correct is this logo? For instance the made in west-germany part is missing..
    On the other hand it is a real sigla screen/logo..