Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: European source for Sigla front windscreen?

From January 2021:

Please see below options and the prices. I can confirm they will have a sigla logo

If you wish to proceed, please complete the attached form with as much information as possible. Please note that due to the custom made nature of the item, payment is required on a proforma basis.

Please note that the price does not include VAT

The screens are made to order and our current lead time is 12 - 14 weeks. Delivery is estimated to be £560 but is subject to change. The glass will arrive wrapped with foam edge protection

Name:  Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 08.25.47.png
Views: 507
Size:  86.9 KB
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

received some different pricing in EUR... and a pic of an actual screen - the print might change, as all the „new“ codings have to be there..., so the DOT, AS1 etc will remain...

the „made in west germany“ and the wave sure will no be possible to print....

So Joris solution might be the better outcome...

„Porsche 911 mit Sigla Logo:

6709ABZ - Frontscheibe in Bronze für 342,86€ Netto
    6709ABZBL - Frontscheibe in Bronze mit Blaukeil für 357,14€ Netto
    6709ACL - Frontscheibe in Klar für 357,14€ Netto
    6709ACLGN - Frontscheibe in Klar mit Grünkeil für 371,43€ Netto
    6709AGN - Frontscheibe in Grün für 371,43€ Netto
    6709AGNH - Frontscheibe in Grün mit Heizung für 714,29€ Netto
    6709AGNGN - Frontscheibe in Grün mit Grünkeil für 385,71€ Netto
    6709AGNGNH - Frontscheibe in Grün mit Grünkeil und Heizung für 785,71€ Netto
    6709AGNBL - Frontscheibe in Grün mit Blaukeil für 385,71€ Netto

Hinzu kommen 19,50€ Versand je Scheibe.“
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

That is a HUGE difference in pricing, especially the shipping
    Early 911S registry member #1391
    Built '65, MY66 911 in total restoration

And what's the point if the Sigla logo is not at least similar? Joris sounds like he has the solution!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

I just had the return call from Pilkington. The production site in Finland will be asked by mail today, if it is possible to get a different screen print as special order at extra add-on price. So, if there will be a special template made - for historical correctness - this is sure worth the add on...
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    I just had the return call from Pilkington. The production site in Finland will be asked by mail today, if it is possible to get a different screen print as special order at extra add-on price. So, if there will be a special template made - for historical correctness - this is sure worth the add on...
    should be possible .. just had some custom windshields made by them and they asked what stamp i want and if etched or printed and what colour...did you talk to nick?

I had a offer many times, for complete clear white screens with no logo, no mirror clip .. logo can be made all types, made in W Germany etc this I dont see a problem with , and
    to make them is not the problem ,but problem is following I have to take 250 set , means big cash payment upfront , and shipping these to clients is €€€ B I T C....

so if you guys think ,there is a market in the 6-7-800€ price range ,but with the correct logo / Logos , I would think about making them
    green tinted are or was 20% more, but there is a big demand for green tinted glass at the moment , so I am not sure 20% will do the trick anymore , but clear is no problem

Marek

green screen... for

@Franz
    I was talking with Patrick in Gelsenkirchen
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    green screen... for

@Franz
    I was talking with Patrick in Gelsenkirchen
    nick gardiner in the UK is the man to contact..he is the one in charge of the classic department

Quote Originally Posted by Semjon View Post
    "looking for a while for a correct Sigla front windscreen for a october 65 build, 66 modelyear SWB."
    "Does anyone know an European source for a correct windscreen?"
    Here is Sigla's history from the current site. It helps clarify why some of the windshield markings, and manufacturers, may have changed during different periods of production when they merged and were acquired. They now operate as the Flachglas division of Pilkington, as previously mentioned.

Name:  Header_Unternehmen_Geschichte_01.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  62.7 KB

"Our glass has experience.
    We build thereon.

The innovative character of the actual FLACHGLAS Wernberg GmbH is based on a long lasting, significant tradition in glass processing. Originally founded in 1938 under the trading name of SIGLA GmbH, the company then expanded continuously as Deutsche Tafelglas AG (DETAG) and was restructured in 1998 - after its fusion with the DELOG in 1970 forming the FLACHGLAS AG that was part of the Pilkington Group since 1980.

Since 1999, we have been operating under our actual name, FLACHGLAS Wernberg domiciled in Wernberg-Köblitz. We are a legally self-dependent corporation for all kinds of glass processing and are not constrained by any corporate group. As one of the leading manufacturers for construction and vehicle glazing in Europe, we continue our story of success.

Our history in brief.

1938 foundation of a subsidiary plant of the Sicherheitsglas GmbH,
    Kunzendorf/Niederlausitz (now Poland) in Wernberg, production of SIGLA® laminated safety glass
    1946 the Wernberg plant is leased by the Deutsche Tafelglas AG
    (DETAG)
    1949 acquisition of the Wernberg plant by DETAG
    1970 DETAG and DELOG merging to FLACHGLAS
    1980 takeover of the majority of shares by Pilkington plc.
    1999 withdrawal of the plant from Pilkington Group, independent status as FLACHGLAS Wernberg GmbH
    1999 foundation of the employee participation model
    2005 acquisition of the GLASPROFI GmbH
    2007 acquisition of the Flachglas Nord-Ost GmbH, Osterburg
    2009 acquisition of Pilkington Schweiz merging to Flachglas (Schweiz) AG with 3 production sites in Wikon, Thun and Münchenbuchsee"