Thread: Engine shroud color code - 911S 1968

Engine shroud color code - 911S 1968

Hi everybody!
    While I was searching this information, I found this interesting picture, which I believe is correct...

Name:  6A5573FF-C383-488F-AFD4-5C1A14C474D8.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  83.1 KB

Does anyone knows the specific color code for the 2.0S 1968?
    Looks a bit like the vintage Koni shocks... but not sure.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by AlexJ; 02-06-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    A little clarification on shrouds pictured.
    The yellow shroud titled as 2.4T, is for 72T
    The green shroud titled as 2.2E, is for 70-71-72E
    The red shroud titled as 2.2S, is for 70-71-72S
    The 73 T E S have the pigmented duct with the small cover, so oil cooler could be replaced. There is a shuttle shape change made late in 73, in anticipation of the CIS runners that need more clearance. The last row of shrouds appear to be late.
    Pictured are 3 S shrouds for 73, note shape of duct. 1st is early original, 2nd is early reproduction, 3rd is late, which carried the shape on into 74.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Any thought on 2.0 S 1968?

Best I can do, my 67S before restoration.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Shroud was not painted. In a original you can see the fiber. I think its Chuck Miller who has a formula for dying. Maybe he will chime in. Paint looks pretty but not original.

Thank you all for your thoughts.