Thread: Floorpan Dimension C Confusion

Floorpan Dimension C Confusion

Greetings,
    I’m in the process of positioning a new front floorpan on a 73 911. I’m confused as to factory measuring point in relation to my chassis. I’ll try to explain:
    There are 2 small (≈ 8mm) holes on either side of my floorpan just behind the wheel well opening. They look like this:
    Name:  73 911 Forward Drain Holes.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  99.9 KB

My Workshop Manual Supplement for 72-on cars in includes the following diagram & information page:
    Name:  Floorpan Dimension C 1975-on.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  33.2 KB

Name:  Front End Gauge P863 page 11.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  61.4 KB

The above page mentions “take-up points are welded in the floor plate since the 1975 models”. The 75-on reference table shows Dimension C as 1200±2 mm. The dimension between holes in my 73 floorpan measure 1215 mm center to center.

Should these holes align with the reference points at Dimension C or are they merely drain holes in the earlier cars? Do 1975-on floorpans have visible take-up points at Dimension C? If anyone has an image I would appreciate seeing it.

Thanks in advance,
    Charles[/FONT]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Images Attached Images