Thread: FS: 1972 911 T Targa - Albert Blue

FS: 1972 911 T Targa - Albert Blue

REDUCED ASK: $67,500.00

I acquired this vehicle back in January from the owner who had it for 20 plus years (car was located in Oregon).

For any serious buyers, I am happy to share the COA, my PPI results from December 2020 and additional pictures. The PPI was done by Mike Jordan: https://stuttgartautotech.com/our-team. He noted this car was very sound mechanically and I would be happy to put you in touch with him if there were any questions.

I am in NY, but car is currently at RS Werks in PA. No work has been done on car. I planned to do some restoration to it, but have an opportunity to buy another car (non-Porsche) that is currently a better fit for me.

Since I have obviously not owned the car for that long, I will provide the information provided to me by the former owner:

"Car has approximately 145,600 miles. I purchased the car with 120,000 miles in 1998.

Top end of engine and entire MFI system was rebuilt at @102,000 miles. Full receipts on all parts used on engine rebuild. Transmission was rebuilt less than 10k ago. Note I will also include the correct US headlight rings.

Car runs perfectly, engine is strong and MFI is all original and runs great. Car is Albert Blue and had a respray done in original Albert Blue color before I purchased it. Paint is decent but not perfect.

Maintenance in last 10k includes:

New Sachs clutch, clutch cable, resurfaced/balanced flywheel
    New Rear Main Seal
    Rebuilt Transmission
    Calipers Rebuilt
    New Oil Thermostat
    New Master Cylinder
    New Brake Lines
    New Rotors
    Updated Oil Fed Carrera Chain Tensioners
    New Oil Tank
    Sonically cleaned Oil Cooler
    New Tires
    New Targa Top Recovering
    New Carpet
    Rebuilt Seats
    Pertronix Ignition
    New Bilstein Front Shocks
    New Bilstein Rear Shocks
    New Wheel Bearings
    New Ball Joints
    New wheel Races
    New Turbo Tie Rods
    New Spark Plugs
    Original Radio
    New AGM batteries
    New ignition switch
    New Windshield Washer Tank
    New Alternator
    New Starter
    New shifter couplings/bushings
    Clean Battery Boxes/No Rust
    All Original 6x15 Fuch Wheels
    Interior is complete and original

Recent service included new spark plugs, oil change, transmission fluid change and brake fluid flush.

Recent Maintenance Includes:

Oil Change: 12/1/2019 (less than 200 miles on the car since then)
    Transmission Oil: 3/15/20
    Brake Fluid: 2/2/20 (currently less than 1% moisture content)
    Spark Plugs: 3/15/20

A bit about the car:

I have a COA (certificate of authenticity) for the car issued by Porsche, also included in the dropbox folder. The car is very original: original engine, MFI all in place and a correct interior for a 1972 T 2.4 MFI. Matching numbers. I have stacks of receipts on the car dating back to 1983. I have owned the car since 1998 and it has always been in my garage, I live in central oregon which is a very dry climate, I don’t drive the car a ton and I don't take it out in the rain. The floor is extremely solid and original, rockers look great. Battery boxes look great as well. The car was resprayed in Albert Blue which is the correct and original color before I owned the car and the paint is decent but it is not a concours paint job. No welding has been done on the floors, battery box of jack points. I have had the interior out of the car and the engine multiple times. It’s a very clean car and the floors, rockers and car are very solid. There are a few very small (3.0mm) bubbles of paint in front of the drivers door. I have been paying attention to these small bubbles for 20 years and they have not changed at all. I can point these out in a photo if you need can’t make them out. Battery boxes are very clean, the tub is very solid and it does not flex when on a rack.

Engine was rebuilt in mid 80’s by Porsche gateway Audi in Portland Oregon. Pistons, cylinders, valves and valve guides were replaced. Dan Hall’s machine shop did the work which was a very reputable shop until the owner died a few years ago.

Pump was rebuilt by Jerry Fairchild in California. Throttles linkages by Eurotmetrix.

Also the engine was out less than 10k ago for a clutch replacement among a few other things, oil cooler flush, some seals, etc.
    MFI pump was also checked and calibrated, fuel injectors as well.

I have receipts for all of this including the engine rebuilt that lists all parts with Porsche part numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JJG; 03-18-2021 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Listing removed.

How do you wish to be contacted?
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Re-listed at a lower asking price. Thanks.

Seems like a good deal, surprised this hasn't moved. Love that color.

Agreed! Also the seller is a very nice guy. If I did not have my heart set on an Albert Blue coupe, I would be all over this!!!

Hi, could you send me the COA and more pictures to franckgv@free.fr ? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Seems like a good deal, surprised this hasn't moved. Love that color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck21000 View Post
    Hi, could you send me the COA and more pictures to franckgv@free.fr ? Thank you
    Just sent it. Thanks for looking.

Quote Originally Posted by dcarpe03 View Post
    Agreed! Also the seller is a very nice guy. If I did not have my heart set on an Albert Blue coupe, I would be all over this!!!
    Appreciate it. You need an open top.

Everyone needs to experience a Targa ....
    Nick D - Run Flat

1973 RHD 911 Carrera RS #0358 - Fun Car
    2016 Cayenne Diesel - Tow Car
    2017 Macan S - Better Half's Car

1955 356 Speedster SOLD
    1976 911 2.7 SOLD
    2006 Cayman S SOLD
    2006 Cayenne S SOLD
    2008 Carrera S F77 SOLD
    2011 Cayenne S TOTALLED (T-Boned but kept us safe)
    2015 Macan S SOLD
    2015 GT3 - Track Car
    2016 Cayenne SOLD
    2016 Cayenne GTS TOTALLED (Bloody big deer)

Still looking for 1st Edition Carrera RS book #358.

Life is way too short to drive boring cars.

The Targa is now SOLD.