Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Starter Kit" for small wiring fixes

Depending on content and cost a "simple early 911/912 electrical repair set" would have my interest.
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

Quote Originally Posted by TheTorch View Post
    I would guess a number of folks will chime in with good ideas and a desire for this.

One hurdle is going to be the shipping cost to the US. Your products have legendary quality, but shipping small things is prohibitively expensive - for example the cheapest shipping option to send a $6 fuse box label to the US was 63 Euros / $80 when I tried to check out. A cheaper (if slower) way to ship to the US would certainly help many of us be be able to justify making more purchases from you.

Just my personal opinion.
    We can also ship light parts with NL Post. This is cheaper but takes longer and offers limited tracking options. The costs for shipping with UPS are automatically calculated via a link from our webshop with UPS. UPS is very fast but expensive. Packages to America usually arrive within 3 days. That's perfect if you need something quick for a repair but don't usually need a fuse tag or a small wiring harness. If something is needed, but the shipping costs are too high in relation to the cost, just contact us by email (info@kroonwireharnesses.com) and we will always look for the most economical shipping method.

When I read all the comments, this seems like a good plan! To keep it somewhat affordable, it might be more sensible to offer the crimping pliers separately? We would like to know what should be in the set, but also in what quantities? Let us hear in your comments and we will summarize everything in a list! I think there should also be different sets for different construction years? (1965-1968), (69 and up?)

like Haasman, I'm interested in an electrical "repair set" as well that includes common items needed for my 1970. regarding quantities, maybe it would be useful to have one or two options: smaller kit for maintenance/ongoing upkeep & larger kit that would be more suitable to what's needed when doing a large project/restoration?
    Member #3857
    '70 911 2.7

+1 for a 1970 electrical repair kit (with crimping piers as seperate item).
    Not sure about quantities of connectors and sleeves etc... maybe 5 of each for the common sizes?
    Iain

1970 911E coupe conda green
    2018 911 GTS coupe silver
    Early S Reg #3880

Quote Originally Posted by gerakroo View Post
    When I read all the comments, this seems like a good plan! To keep it somewhat affordable, it might be more sensible to offer the crimping pliers separately? We would like to know what should be in the set, but also in what quantities? Let us hear in your comments and we will summarize everything in a list! I think there should also be different sets for different construction years? (1965-1968), (69 and up?)
    Cross post to the 912BBS great idea for general repairs and to have on the shelf.

Best Regards

https://www.912bbs.org/forum/threads...ss-post.57909/

repair kits...on it
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

As I have been mentioned in this thread I'll chime in. By no means am I trying to hi-jack the thread from Mr. Kroon.

The connectors, rubber boots, etc are available and in almost every case identical to the original stuff. Most of those items can fit in an envelope and can go USPS, so shipping is next to nothing. If a crimper was needed there are many inexpensive solutions out there. I have all the expensive crimpers but find myself using a Pro'skit crimper the most. It just gives a cleaner crimp than the Knipex. At least in my opinion. And a repair kit for the 65-68 SWBs would be fairly simple to put together. I'm not sure about anything past those years as I only work on the SWB stuff.

And I just realized that I don't have all the connectors loaded on the website. I will fix that tonight.

Also, look for additional install videos of the different sub harnesses soon. Real soon.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 02-24-2021 at 02:44 AM.

[QUOTE=Steve Smith;1088264]As I have been mentioned in this thread I'll chime in. By no means am I trying to hi-jack the thread from Mr. Kroon.

Haha it does not feel like that at all Steve :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    If a crimper was needed there are many inexpensive solutions out there. I have all the expensive crimpers but find myself using a Pro'skit crimper the most. It just gives a cleaner crimp than the Knipex.
    Can you be specific regarding which Pro'skit and die? I have avoided buying the Knipex for years so an alternative would be great. Tks.