Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: International Shipping

Hi John,
    the consignment you sent via usps on the 9th has arrived in Sydney on the 15th and as they say on their tracking:
    "The item is currently in transit to the destination."
    I am on the other side of the country.
    Good to know it arrived in Australia, should see it soon.
    Thanks,
    Sean.
    S Registry#2021

International shipping via USPS right now is a nightmare, I've had wheels take 3-4 months to arrive. It seems the bigger and heavier, the slower.
    The problem with using DHL, UPS, or Fedex is the customer doesn't want to pay the higher rates usually, everyone wants cheap, and right now we are getting what we pay for.
    Patience, that's what I tell people.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Since I am currently dissolving my seat collection, I can also contribute something: I always send with dhl. 2 large parcels to Belgium in the last few weeks - both arrived quickly and well. also england, scotland,
    netherlands .... usa has been working very reliably again in the last few months. I can also confirm that the shipments at usa customs are quite long. Duration three to five weeks in total.

regards

From February the 18th on the US have tightened to send shipments from the NL to the USA.

Instead of a paper form at a postal outlet one has to fill out an electronic form for shipments to the USA in advance for dropping it off. Online you have to specify what the parcel contains. Also electronic bank payment should be made in advance.

Bottomline the US border control has made it more complicated and traceable (for your safety). This of course doesn’t explain why it takes longer vice versa.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Check eBay carefully .... seems the system can’t correctly calculate 20 % vat !!!
    I made a small (private not business) purchase from eBay from German seller yesterday. eBay applied vat on combined shipping invoice which is for international shipment Germany to U.K. I understand vat is applicable (sadly) BUT issue is the the eBay system calculated the wrong tax amount. Invoiced/charged tax at 33.3 percent of item plus shipping; not 20.

eBay investigated and admitted invoice and charge error today so asked me to report and raise claim. I used link will get refund. Shameful that it seems eBay system can’t now do basic automatic vat calculation correctly! Wasted my time with calls, claims.

Wanted to give a heads up -- concerned there may be others affected if eBay has a system bug in this regard (it would seem unlikely a large tech platform automatic invoice calculation error is a one off; it was not the so far efficient / helpful seller making input error). I have flagged concern at DDK as more likley that community would be affected but giving a heads-up here too.

Concerned in Brexit confusion some buyers may not know the new process, fail to spot it or be too uncertain at this time to query if eBay system bug has made other similar calculation errors.

At least based on the eBay customer services initial response it isn’t eBay charging (like Pitney Bowes global shipping service or Post office do) for processing USA etc import charges — which is what I feared they were up to when I saw the high tax on-cost. Wouldn’t put it past eBay and the rubbish PB that ive found cause problems to try this on as a “revenue stream” at some point however!

Too early to comment on delivery times but not expecting issue as other stuff from Germany to UK has been fairly prompt this calendar year.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 02-22-2021 at 11:58 AM.

May be this will help with expectations ..... Small Packet Canadian Post Air ... from a member here... Sent !/10/21 , received 2/22/21... Bay Area...

Just like Soterik. I too use FEDEX only. If the customer demands to use USPS. I E..... They are too cheap to pay for Fedex...... I tell them that they ship at there own risk.
    Customers must pay up for Fedex. I too am shipping with a Corporate account I have had for many years.
    1965 911 Factory Paint to Sample Orange
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange
    1971 911S Gold Metallic Peter Gregg
    1974 Carrera RS Blue Metallic
    1990 RUF RCT Estonia's car

912->911 conversion
    John I'm just another voice in the choir here, but anything processed through USPS is a catastrophe and has gotten much worse in the past year as Pete notes.

I have had several packages (low value stuff) come via USPS where the tracking info shows it was processed through a facility (e.g. Chicago) and then tracking goes dead. No updates, never handed over to Canada Post, Canada Post has no tracking info, and then after a month or two after I've given up, BOOM it will arrive. However the tracking info is NEVER updated.

I tend to put my business with companies that give me shipping options. My personal preference is FedEx - they are quick, dealing with import duties is fairly easy, and their rates are very reasonable (at least from the U.S.). I have a grudge against UPS after buying some wheels off of this board and specifically telling the seller to NOT use UPS, which they then did and I had to eat almost $300 in brokerage charges alone (4 wheels came as 4 separate packages and billed 4 times). That was 10 years ago and I still spit blood about it. DHL is kind of hit or miss - maybe it works well for stuff to/from Europe, but for shipments from the U.S. to Canada, FedEx is always a better option. USPS is always a terrible option.

I can't recall now how the headlights I ordered from you were shipped, but that was about 3 years ago now, so maybe USPS didn't mess things up so badly back then.
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

There is something going on at the USPS right now. It's almost like they want to crash the car, so they are forced to fix the car, even though the car has been running rough for a long time, it's still running. Like the only way to make change in an organization as slow moving and bureaucratic as the postal service is to destroy it from within so the big fix will happen, because it now has to happen.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Purchased something from fellow member in NL on 11/20/20. He sent it via regular mail. End of Jan, I still had not received it. Asked him to check tracking, and it was last seen at airport in Europe per tracking info. Mid Feb, he refunded me via PayPal, as it seemed to be lost in transit. It took a good week for PayPal to release the funds ��. Today, 2/25/21, after 3 months, it arrived at my door via USPS :-) Paid for it again via PayPal today.
    Ordered something from Germany (Carbone) last week. Also arrived today, but was sent via DHL. Good to know somethings work well.

Last Xmas, Nov 2019, I sent a gift to my brother in Munich. Package went via USPS end Nov, arrived in Germany, was sent for delivery, lazy German postal worker claimed no one home, and sent package back to US after one failed delivery attempt, where it promptly got lost in transit. USPS was dependent on German Post to deliver it, and they failed miserably.

My 4c would be to use professional shippers like DHL or Fedex instead of USPS. There just seems to be too much messed up circuitry in the Global Post system (USPS sending to Deutsche Post etc and relying upon their globally agreed upon arrangements for sending of mail).
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown