Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Install ‘73 RS door panels on my 69T?

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

RS door pull slot

The indent is square and the outer side has a rectangular slot, sorry I do not have better quality pictures..

Cees
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I broke one the plastic interior door handles. Can I buy them anywhere they are sold online, or there some knock offs that are even worse than what comes in the kits? I saw a previous post about the metal Wevo ones, but I would want a metal handle that looks more like the real thing.

Thanks!
    Neil
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Quote Originally Posted by neilk View Post
    I broke one the plastic interior door handles. Can I buy them anywhere they are sold online, or there some knock offs that are even worse than what comes in the kits? I saw a previous post about the metal Wevo ones, but I would want a metal handle that looks more like the real thing.

Thanks!
    Neil
    Neil, you are in luck. I've made some metal ones out of titanium that are identical to the ones that were in my car. The mounting holes are 107mm wide. They are black PVD coated and have a nice feel to them when you close the door.
    https://www.tiporscheproducts.com/pr...ior-door-pulls

I just installed this Singer style door pockets on my 69. I tried not to modify too much. That is if you wanted to go that route. Hope this helps. see pics
    Last edited by joebcard; 03-05-2021 at 07:25 AM.

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    I have some unused originals, not sure if they are any stronger than what is available aftermarket.

Cees

Adding a picture of a very early RS, same indent but no slot yet cut out for the leather strap.
    Last edited by fourteenten; 03-06-2021 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Add info

Hallo together, to know what works you have to do, you have to understand the RS mechanism. So the leather strap is a substitude for the metal lever mechanism with the aim to loose some weight. So what you need is to get access to the inside part of the door and to the latch. There you mount the strap to the accesspoint of the standard mechanism to the latch. So the solution created at the white doors is correct. The way the guy did it is hard core. What you have take care of of is, that the leather strap does not scratch at the metal while pulling. I would propose to make some small cuts, perhaps with a Dremel at that little rectangle "window" marked at the photos so that you are able to bend over the metal to the inside. Then you will have a smoother crossing for the leather strap. Other solution could be to weld in a round bar metal to the edges of the cutout so that the strap slides over these bars while pulling.
    Hope I could give some ideas
    Michael