Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Porche 911T 1970 kremer info

Quote Originally Posted by glaverbel911 View Post
    I would wager a guess that it’s an early Matter roll bar.
    Our 72S had the same bar installed when the car was new and was later converted to a factory hoop.
    The photos attached show the Matter mount pattern on the rear deck and the photo with the inner rail show some of the fastener holes, some of which are covered by the factory weld-in roll bar plate.
    That photo is very interesting for me as well. The holes you presented before the placement of the 'original' support resemble the ones in my car. In my car, there are 2 instead of three, and I never found anything in the rear part, but I'm interested to know more. How was that Matter roll cage secured if there was no mounting plate there? The owner of my car raced against Winfried Matter in some event... Perhaps they knew each other (sorry for the off-topic), but given that I haven't found much information about the installation of the Matter bars, this matter interests me too. I sent a message to Winfried, but last time it took a while for him to respond... I don't know how long it will take this time. I understand, is the vehicle you're talking about the same one that has the work order you showed in another post? Your information is appreciated! These are interesting details.
    Are they threaded holes?

Last edited by _gonbau; 12-09-2023 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    Does anyone have a link or information about the 1970 Sport Purpose edition? Were there two editions released for that year? I understand that it would have been edited in 1969 for the 1970 model, so the title of the document would be 'Sport Purpose 1970'.
    I am interested in knowing the availability of types of fuel tanks in that dossier. Did plastic tanks exist? Were there options for 85L and 100L capacities?
    If I understand correctly, the 100l plastic tank (reference 901.201.015.60) was already homologated since January 1969:
    https://historicdb.fia.com/car/porsche-911-s-0
    There also was a steel version of the 100l tank, reference 901.201.010.30 .

Here is the complete homologation file:
    https://historicdb.fia.com/sites/def...08_group_3.pdf
    Last edited by 928cs; 12-08-2023 at 12:06 AM.

It was secured in the rear with a sandwich plate on the backside.
    🍺

QUOTE=_gonbau;1167297]That photo is very interesting for me as well. The holes you presented before the placement of the 'original' support resemble the ones in my car. In my car, there are 2 instead of three, and I never found anything in the rear part, but I'm interested to know more. How was that Matter roll cage secured if there was no mounting plate there? The owner of my car raced against Winfried Matter in some event... Perhaps they knew each other (sorry for the off-topic), but given that I haven't found much information about the installation of the Matter bars, this matter interests me too. I sent a message to Winfried, but last time it took a while for him to respond... I don't know how long it will take this time. I understand, is the vehicle you're talking about the same one that has the work order you showed in another post? Your information is appreciated! These are interesting details.
    Are they threaded holes?[/QUOTE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

I agree but, in the case of the other points, how is a sandwich plate applied there? I understand that this place can only be accessed when the vehicle is on the assembly line! Greetings
    +
    +
    In the holes present for the matter bar, next to one of the holes is there a raised "circle" around the hole?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 12-09-2023 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    The rims in the photo are 6x15, but I had 7x15 on my 914/4 converted to 5 bolt suspension by 1980. Mine were black. These were available in 4 bolt pattern as well, and a few colors and widths. Porsche brought out the ATS "cookie cutter" rims about 1974. I do believe these rims were good enough for racing, but have no proof of teams using them.
    By teams.. do you mean "Porsche" teams? In the last photos posted from the '72 rally this vehicle appears, I understand, is it 4 bolts?
    Name:  Screenshot_2023-12-08-15-31-33-882_com.android.chrome.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  41.5 KB

Here is a photo of the #31 Team Matter Überrollbügel car from the 1972 Olympia Rallye. It came in 1st overall and was driven by Gerd Behret & Willi-Peter Pitz. It doesn’t appear to have a cross bar behind the driver’s head.

Name:  IMG_4573.jpeg
Views: 146
Size:  64.6 KB

11.7.1971 DARM Norisring Clemens Schickentanz

https://www.racingsportscars.com/ent...71-07-11g.html

Photos can be found here of the many 911s in this race

http://www.norisringhistorie.de/1971/71_03b.htm#2

Name:  IMG_4583.jpeg
Views: 90
Size:  65.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4584.jpeg
Views: 90
Size:  62.3 KB
    Last edited by Eric Gratz; 12-13-2023 at 06:02 PM.