Thread: Control Arm Bushings Recommendation

Control Arm Bushings Recommendation

I need a set of control arm bushings. Elephant has them but at $255 a bit pricy for my budget build.

URO has them at a much more budget friendly price. Will these be ok for now?

The plan for my car is just a weekend driver. No track time.

Carl,don't install URO bushings,they're junk.Do a thread search on this topic.

David

Carl, Alot of guys are using Elephant racing, Top notch stuff There are no cheap Porsche parts
    registry #2072

Thanks,
    That's what I figured, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Not sure of the quality but I think Rennline also makes them. Probably cheaper than elephant racing.
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757

Hi guys, here are a few posts from another forum relating experiences with our firm-version "HD" Control Arm Bushing Kit 901 341 421 02KHD for 1969-1989 911, which are about 30% more firm than OE bushings. They're not quite as firm as "racing" bushings, but for street cars that can be a good thing.

Originally Posted by donagain1
    "I went with the Uro heavy duty bushings, followed their instructions to the letter, and pushed them right on with no issues. I put the Rennline two ball joints w/nuts, spring washers, and cotter pins incl. kit for $150 bucks, the $42 buck KYB-G-Excel shocks in my Boge struts, new stabilizer bar bushings, and the Lemforder OEM tie rod ends in, and except for the #%^#ing sway bar reinstall everything was a piece of cake. Just got the car realigned today and I can't believe how tight the front end feels."

Originally Posted by davidpsalt
    "I just redid my entire front and rear suspension and opted for the URO bushings for the front and found them on ---------- cheap. There is an install video on Youtube - very easy, heat up in boiling water and press them on. I have a press from harbor freight - made the install very easy. Have about 1,000 miles on them and they are working great. No idea how long they will last, but having completed the job and how easy it was, will have no problem doing it again 5 or more years from now."

Original poster has a 1968 model year
    registry #2072

Thanks for the info.
    I did run across the HD URO bushings and thought they would be too stiff. That info. helps.

I'd be curious about the shocks in my struts as I need them as well.

I am considering the Elephant Turbo tie rod kit. is it worth the extra or just stick with stock tie rod ends. I have the rack out and want to replace it all while apart.