Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Color Change. Am I Cookoo for Cocoa Puffs ?

Recommendation re: Bahama…another good one.

Black, silver, white with a green interior has always appealed to me. But if you're into Cocoa Puffs—and we're going off the reservation to have fun while doing something someone might have in 1966/1967—I'd be tempted to consider Togo Brown from the 356 with a red 1967 interior. Might be worth getting samples, as there's a Copper Brown Metallic (?) impact-bumper 911S with a red interior that pops up from time to time on Instagram and it's one of those stunners you wouldn't have thought about. Porsche did a 987 Cayman or 997 Carrera in Macadamia Brown Metallic on red for a brochure, and it was another counter-intuitive stunner.

And a Porsche customer who loved their Togo Brown 356 could certainly have ordered the color on their new 1967 911…

If you want to go obscure brown I've only seen this one on a Porsche once. Lachel Havana Brown, it was a color used more by Mercedes and Lambretta, but was special ordered for this A Coupe I found years ago. You'd be one of the only ones ever.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

hmmm havana brown
    https://steenbuck-automobiles.de/fah...-benz-300-d-2/
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Havana brown , nah. Me thinks it should forever be associated with and buried with that a coup.

Who wants to go on a acid trip with me.
    Dalmation blue with my SWB sport seat
    1962 356 S Cab gone
    1967 911S Coupe
    2008 RS60 Boxster gone
    1973.5 911T targa soft window Gone
    Runge 008 Gone
    2002 996 TT x-50 Gone
    2016 Boxster GTS pts gulf orange
    1969 912 SWT pts green

Can I be FRANK with you ?

Live everyday like it's your last .
    Eventually you'll be right.

I think it would be more like an Osly trip if you do the Blue with REd interior.

Name:  IMG_6619.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  145.1 KB

This cover car had me seriously considering royal purple. I ended up staying with the original 8080 silver and I'm happy with my decision... I will be painting one of the doors on my new garage royal purple!
    Also thought it was funny that Janis Joplin's car is on the cover considering the replies to the thread!
    Cheers,

Jones...
    early S # 2626
    '71 911T
    '05 BMW 330ci
    '22 Wills Sainte Claire
    '96 S10 truck

+1 on Acid/Bahama Blau

I filed this photo of a '74 Carrera away in case I ever needed a color choice inspiration on a project. But then I found a Conda project with a black respray and decided to go back to the original green magnificence. Maybe the next one
    Name:  acid.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  80.6 KB
    Registry #1917
    1971 Condagrun 911T targa
    1974 Indisrot Carrera coupe (US)
    1972 BMW Polaris 3.0 CS

Royal Purple is far lighter and more blue-ish than the magazine cover above makes it look. In my opinion definitely not Porsche's prettiest color but I may be biased.

Even without a matching engine, a 67S is still pretty special so I would stick to the colors from that year or earlier. And who knows you might run into that engine on some lucky day?
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

Ok ... so here is were we now stand .... On one hand Reason.... On the other LSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    There are sooo many wonderful choices in color for paint and interior... Think of "peoples choice", or how you would order it if you were standing there in 1967 (or 68 or 69). Great colors in those years through 69.

Great color choices include Jerry Murray's leaf green 67S targa comes to mind, as does that "seafoam" green targa that Gary Dixon used to own (it was a color change from Bahama as I recall). I remember seeing a swb in Cloudy Grey at Pomona many years ago and that's just stunning in person... (add a green or red interior and wow!).

You should also think interior colors while you're doing it, there's so many combo's that just knock your eyes out. In an old Christo I remember seeing a Champagne yellow swb with a red interior that was just stunning. How about black with a green or red interior?

Having a "clean slate" to do this is not an opportunity that comes up very often, so Ivory or Polo Red would be at the very bottom of my list (and I have cars in both those colors).

BTW, that Dalmation blue is gorgeous... I owned a 73.5 911T in that color (another one I wish I still had...).

e
    It’s great we all have different opinions.

This is funny! My friend owns that leaf green targa, and I was serious about buying it from him until I found out it was a color change. Granted, the original color wasn’t great so I can understand the desire. Fun car to drive for sure.

As for Polo red, it’s a favorite color of mine! I agree though Dalmatian is a spectacular color.

My personal view is to stay in colors that were available in that year, or at least with swb’s.

No one is going to fault you in any case.