Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SWB Radio Mounting Diagram ('67)

I will give Ingo a call!

Then I'll share what I learn.

Let's keep the line open for more education.
    Last edited by mshaver51; 03-04-2021 at 05:51 AM.

Sorry. I typed "Ingo" but my phone is sure it is smarter than me.

Does this help at all?

Name:  RadioInstall2.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  40.7 KB
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Some further clarification

Name:  IMG_20210302_105646.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  51.8 KB

718RSK, THAT is really helpful!! THANK YOU!!

Now, where do i get the cupped washers?

and do the cup washers go behind the dash? or in front?

you guys are amazing! (i'm coordinating with Mike Fitton, also.)

also, as i continue to dig, i found this old 'for sale' post that shows the fastener sequence for the posts. (it appears that the exact fastener sequence changes from model-to-model.)

Mike Fitton's diagram is incredibly helpful. it usses a face plate, which might change the details, a bit, but i'm continuing the research. thanks, mike!!

the breadth and depth of knowledge on this Registry is always impressive.

I just got off the phone with Ingo Prangenburg and he filled me in on a whole list of details. So, my deep appreciation to Ingo, as to "cdenegaar" for performing the introduction.

I am still searching for more details, but it also appears that different Blaupunkt models had slightly different configurations of the minutia (washers, spacers, nuts, etc.), so it would appear that "one size" does not "fit all."

Be careful to look at information from the correct period if sourcing the detailed installation parts for the base radios — some information above is later than swb. It might be a general guide to installation so prove useful in that regard even if some details changed.

Below is the set of components from Bosch for 911 of era you are asking about. Source is the technical guides ring binders used by the official Bosch Blaupunkt service network who installed and repaired this stuff in aftermarket back the day.
    This is the “installation overview” in one of the service books it gives some of the particular part numbers as printed on 60s.

Name:  02F28B80-8A07-4CC0-9A19-BDF4E4356715.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  31.5 KB

Name:  DDB764DD-9696-40DB-A09A-81A6FC90892A.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  100.2 KB

Generally the radio units were supplied plain generic core without ancillaries - done way to to allow a generic core Frankfurt (or whatever) to fit many car marques and models. An installation set was available separately to provide the appropriate installation and configuration components to fit it into the particular marque/ model dash. Each component within had a part number and various components were usually contained in a separate box labelled with the intended car application. In this case the installation set for Porsche 911 (date as picture). Not just containing the physical brackets, clips and electrical connectors tailored to the application but also the correct knobs chrome face etc to ensure the plain core radio once installed in dash was visually in keeping with the OEM dashboard style of that date. Usually these sets had instructions and even more detailed parts. The example above appears to be the diagrammatic part of one if these instructions (probably from 74ish ...judging by the Porsche models shown). Not too much changed however and the line diagram maybe a carryover. The fitting kit for 911/912 64-68 was part number 7 608 564 000. There was a different part number with or without speaker; also a later versions with different part numbers (but that is not era you’re interested in)

Hope the information helps supplement what you’ve found from others. Good luck with the install. By the way always make sure speakers are connected before switching on as there wasn’t protection of no speaker in that era!!
    Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 03-02-2021 at 08:49 AM.

You guys always amaze me!

Steve's input (above) is source material of the highest reliability and explains a great deal about the actual procedures at the time.

thank you!

If “Knopfe” refers to the 2 black radio knobs than I am surprised that the 356 and 64/67 911/912 shared the same knobs.

My observations are 356 /901 tulip convex knobs, (most) 64 911 and further concave style.

Richard

P.s. Joris I am impressed you get cars finished w replating, etc of practically (in this case w the exception of the shafts?) all the parts a car has. That is why I prefer drivers
    searching for engine (case) 903742