Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SWB Radio Mounting Diagram ('67)

SWB Radio Mounting Diagram ('67)

I'm hoping someone has a diagram showing how jul '67 radio would be mounted in the dash.

Can someone help, please?

Thank you, in advance.

wiring diagram? mounting/brackets/hardware? Photos of dash? Which diagram are you looking for?

-dallas

my apologies. i thought the request was clear.

i am looking for a diagram of the mounting mechanism/parts/pieces that are needed to properly mount a 67 blaupunkt frankfort to the dash of a porsche 911.

I looked everywhere - the original user manuals, the parts manuals, etc.. None show an exploded diagram of the mounting pieces and hardware. I'll dig a bit more.

Maybe try the source in Europe who deal in vintage radios,,,Koenig is the name I think.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I am currently knee deep in a bit of an over the top restoration on a Frankfurt.

I believe the attached picture is what was used but am unsure if the thick solid washer or the cupped washer were used. Order would be washer, dash, chrome finishing nut, chrome serrated knob, black bakalite knob.

Can take picture of the mounting bracket tomorrow

Name:  IMG_20210301_162651.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  140.1 KB

ahhh ... now we're talking ...

as dmaddox found, the documentation is not very good. the parts manual has virtually nothing, and the blaupunkt material is almost as bad.

718RSK has the right idea! thank you for getting it started. however, my radio has a thin hex nut that would appear to go over the dash, before the bezel and knobs.

the sequence of washers, nuts, and knobs is what i'm trying to figure out.

the suggestion of joris might be worth following.

it'd be cool to have a definitive diagram, or at least a photo with the proper parts in the proper sequence. let's keep this going.
    Last edited by mshaver51; 03-01-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Mike, the thin zinc plated hex nuts are used to tighten the tuning and volume pots to the radio housing. The cupped washers shown cover them. I am pretty sure the chrome finishing washers with the two holes are what is used against the dash facing the driver

718RSK,

REALLY!?!? that's totally different than i was led to believe, but it makes perfect sense.

so, the chrome finishing washers snuggle down into the cupped pieces to solidify it to the dash?

so, where do i get the cupped washers?

ms

Name:  B6FB5AEE-C4BF-4F5D-98E7-6481249BEA3D.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  142.8 KB

Ingo should be able to help
    Chuck