Thread: What is the best advanced Porsche driving course in the US?

What is the best advanced Porsche driving course in the US?

This is not really early 911 related but wanted to get the opinion of those deeply in the know. Want to treat myself and a friend to a day at a track somewhere in the US with the following criteria:

1) Not use our own cars. Don't want my precious darling on a track just yet!
    2) Top class teachers who really help us become much better drivers (of course we both think we are great but in reality probably know jacks*&t)
    3) Porsche only and well organised
    4) Good value for money

Is Barber worth the money? Somewhere better?

https://www.porschedriving.com/track-experience/courses
    Last edited by snwalker; 03-03-2021 at 07:11 PM.
    1970 911S
    1999 early build Carrera

I have done the Porsche driving experience a few times and found it very satisfying. Keep in mind that most modern sports cars are way beyond the average drivers abilities. With that being said there is no substitute for seat time. I’d rather drive with a guy who’s driven 100 hours on track in a Hyundai, than a guy who has 2 hours in a GT3 RS. When it comes to performance driving, I’d look for good quality basics and seat time, over fancy settings and expensive programs.
    1969 911 E #824

well I can't really help on the matter of the question
    But: I'd do three things
    -do a kind of non-(race)track drivers training with your beloved old car - not a modern rental
    doesn't help your matter in the US but we do it here (germany) on an annual basis organized by the BMW e3 club been there 8 times or more
    professional trainers (cop driving instructors)
    professional training ground (car industry tests there 16 km tarmac, other surfaces, skid plates etc. https://goo.gl/maps/ZALbYbgsm8Nf7U9x5)
    restricted training only for non ABS, non ESP cars
    -then go on a drivers training on a track with a rental
    -then go with your classic on a track (that's the most difficult part as you don't want to have idiots in the same stint)

We should talk.
    Early S Registry #630
    71 911S Irish Green
    65 911 #301826, Silver
    57 Speedster #83702 Aquamarine Blue

Thanks John! I will call you later today.
    1970 911S
    1999 early build Carrera

Really helpful all. Thanks so much!
    1970 911S
    1999 early build Carrera