Thread: Attaching windshield washer bottle 73 911

Attaching windshield washer bottle 73 911

As I remember when the car was new the washer bottle was attached like in this image

Name:  C21C5B1A-C918-4F62-8D73-4DF14A2F8C73.jpeg
Views: 276
Size:  76.3 KB

Looking for the strap to attach. I think this was the way it was attached for cars like mine with A/C. My memory was that it was on passenger side rather than driver side as in image. Also interested in any suggested alternatives.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by ProfHollan; 03-04-2021 at 04:54 PM.
    1973 911E Targa
    Firemist Cognac

If you find a source for that strap, let us know. I need one as well. I've got mine held in with a large o-ring. I slipped the o-ring over the bracket for the HVAC cover before I bolted it up, and then stretched it over the washer reservoir and clipped it to the lower bracket. I'd definitely prefer the proper strap, which I think is also used to hold down the blower assembly for the front condenser. Says we need two of 901 611 025 21.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Would the SWB battery/cover hold down strap work for you?
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Looks like it might. Does anyone know the length?
    1973 911E Targa
    Firemist Cognac