Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which torsion bar tube/mounts do I have?

Thanks for the info.

I know it is a shame to throw it all away, however I do want to restore the car and this torsion tube is not correct.

I have read many forum posts related to RSR trailing arms - some people say they have the same mounting points as turbos, others say they are a touch lower. Does anyone actually have experience running RSR trailing arms with a Turbo torsion tube? Maybe that will allow me to keep using narrowbody wheels.

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Yes we’ve done that and the difference is negligible. The big difference is the location of the wheel flange, which for the RSR, is the same as a regular trailing arm. We did that so the customer could run 11” RSR wheels in back, which cannot be done with Turbo trailing arms. I here someone is reproducing new RSR short arms, they have bigger bearings, better geometry, would fit and not many people could ever identify them. Good luck with the project.

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Factory service info regarding Tube.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Fantastic, thank you!