Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: @BaT - 67S 500551S

FS: @BaT - 67S 500551S

Bi-iodes look nice ...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...indow-targa-8/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Soterik; 03-12-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Why not do the details and then list. Perplexes me. Lot of it is just correct paint. Interesting question about seats. Wouldn't they have been listed on COA? Will know shock color on this Tuesday. Best laid plans of mice and men.

at least this one appears to have an original hood.... wrong paint procedures...

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Bi-iodes look nice ...
    Are those yours, Eric?
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Arne View Post
    Are those yours, Eric?
    I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    Interesting question about seats. Wouldn't they have been listed on COA?
    Those are seats from a 69-73 car.....

I still can't get over the price of the green one on BaT.... sick.... Too much money around...
    Mike, member #841

The number 1 abuse I see to restored cars today is some idiot thinks they know restoration, so they do an early 911 restoration for the first time and they copy how you do it from a 73, or some other different year that has completely different attributes. Leaving body color under the car, wheel wells, engine compartment, trunk etc looks terrible on a short wheel base car. This one is too easy to rip apart as it’s not near as nice as the green one.

I like how the paint-less ding repair guy drilled holes under the hood to get the dings out and no one knows to weld them back up when the car was painted. The guy that restored this car should be brought out in a public square and flogged for doing it so wrong.

But hey - the timing is perfect.

Last edited by VintageExcellen; 03-23-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Totally agree - What a bummer that so much money was spent and for the same money, one could have done it more correctly. It still is a genuine, numbers matching car. Which is great. But the details, big or small, are not that easy to fix over a few weekends. I doubt that the final result will be anywhere near than the sensational green one. Also funny that the Porsche peanut gallery (e.g. us) shows restraints in the commenting section. I guess it might be better to follow the rule of not saying something if you don't have anything nice to say.
    Mike Baum #505

57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint
    60 Citroën ID
    61 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile
    64 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI
    66 Lancia Flavia Sport Zagato
    69 911S Targa (Soft Window)
    72 Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato 1600