Thread: Reproduction Early Slotted Front Bumper Guards - Where did I see them?

Reproduction Early Slotted Front Bumper Guards - Where did I see them?

Some months back I stumbled upon an online seller who was offering what looked to be excellent reproduction early front bumper guards. They were quite expensive compared to the current offerings, maybe $1k or so, and I believe they were from a European vendor. I thought I'd bookmarked the site but of course now I can't find it. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
    Last edited by LiveFromNY; 03-14-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Some months back I stumbled upon an online seller who was offering what looked to be excellent reproduction early front bumper guards. They were quite expensive compared to the current offerings, maybe $1k or so, and I believe they were from a European vendor. I thought I'd bookmarked the site but of course now I can find it. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
    he is the guy...rafael diez

http://www.diez-classic.de/

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Stosstangenh...8AAOSwAThb3Hwj

Heard a rumor out there that another entity is also working on these

I don’t have the translation from the Ebay site, but that set looks like it might just be re-chromed and not a reproduction.
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by jt912 View Post
    I don’t have the translation from the Ebay site, but that set looks like it might just be re-chromed and not a reproduction.
    i would not have posted the link if it would be a rechromed one ... and the german spelling for reproduction is not that different to the english ...have an other look

That's what I was looking for. Thanks, guys.

Anyone seen these in person? Or know anything about the seller?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    That's what I was looking for. Thanks, guys.

Anyone seen these in person? Or know anything about the seller?
    i know him well...he has a porsche service/restoration shop, he works closely with the factory museum, and maintains walter röhrls aircooled porsches.
    he is also into early 911 and did a nice 64 resto a few years ago(, he knows his stuff i`d say) he does reproduce parts as a side business... the non adjustable shock towers porsche sells are done by him etc.etc. i`v seen the horns mounted on a vehicle in his shop..did not have a close look though but there was nothing obviously negative i could say other than that i find them overpriced.
    on the ebay fotos the inner side of the horns does not look very nice..

For anyone following along...

I bit the bullet and ordered a set of these. Fast shipping and, if I'm honest, they're beautiful parts. Unfortunately, they don't fit very well (or at all). I'm going to contact the seller and see if anything can be done but, in the meantime, I don't recommend these parts.

And it should go without saying, if anyone has a good set, I'm a buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Hmm, who could that be?

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    I should have waited. Of course, with their track record, who knows?