Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: PoAC Pacific license plate frame

Thanks for great info!!
    Yes, I have tried to contact his son who is working as a conservator in a museum, but have not heard back from him. It would have been very interesting to get some of the history of the car so will try to contact the family again. The Company here in Norway which imported the 912 bought it directly from J. De Breer so I am the second owner who has had the car in use.
    Undergoing a restauration at the moment so will be ready for summer.

I will "put on" some San Francisco history on the car so thinking of using SF dealer license plate frames together with SF sticker etc.
    Also other typical stickers etc from the periode and area are of interest. Car will be made with "patina".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '67 911S Sunroof, Polo Red(Project disguised as a G-model)
    '67 912 Sunroof, Light Ivory(Alive and kickin')
    '67 912 SWTarga, Signal Red(Project in the making)
    X: 67 911 Coupe + 67S Targa, 912, 924, 944, 928, 356

After a search I have found out that Carl R Carlsen Porsche dealer was the nearest dealer to the buyer of my car. Anyone have a license plate frame from this dealer with a lower price tag than the one on ebay(349$....)?

Okay, so PoAC was the umbrella company for Porsche in the USA, and PC Pacific was the regional distributor, so I strongly doubt that they ever had any license frames.
    That means the local dealer that actual sold the car remains unknown, but the closest dealer is a possible.
    The car was most likely Tourist Delivery since the first service was in Austria. As to where it was delivered we cannot determine. There were many selected dealers in Europe authorized for delivery. The "I" and "II" are the first two free services under warranty (mostly an oil change); these come up quickly. Porsche Salzberg, distributor in Austria, was responsible for handling the free service at one of it's dealers. Subsequently, PC Pacific reimbursed (Bel.) Porsche Salzberg for the cost of the service. The free services are paid for from the purchase price of the vehicle received by PC Pacific through the local dealer.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Bay Area Dealers

Quote Originally Posted by 91167coupe View Post
    . . . After a search I have found out that Carl R Carlsen Porsche dealer was the nearest dealer to the buyer of my car . . .
    Another threade . . .
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...l=1#post664017

Keep in mind, also --- at that time, in 1967 . . . any VW Dealer could've ordered/handled your car, as well

Lotsa possibilities, there

Maybe the family could tell you?

HtH

We Can Be Heroes

Dave, thanks for posting great knowledge regarding delivery and kardex in general. Loneranger, yes, I guess I will buy a VW dealer frame from AF, this will be a good enough reference to the first home to my car.
    It is a frame from VW dealer Saltnes in SF om ebay and is very close to the home address to mr De Brer in '67 so would work I guess.
    I have tried to contact his son in LA but no respons. It would have been very interesting to hm et some more info and history from the family but I have not dared to phone them. Wish I was better to speak english..

Maybe I can Help? . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 91167coupe View Post
    . . . I have tried to contact his son in LA but no respons. It would have been very interesting to hm et some more info and history from the family but I have not dared to phone them. Wish I was better to speak english . . .
    . . . stand-by

We Can Be Heroes

Thank you, I would be very greatful for help in this matter! I guess it is easier to find phone number etc when located in US and of course easier when speaking english fluently.
    I will email you the info I have tomorrow.
    Again, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . stand-by

. . . Fingers-crossed

Well, I called and left a short voice-mail, yesterday

I'm not sure what people make of requests like this --- asking about events that happened 54 years ago . . . but I'll keep trying. Gently

Who knows --- might bring back some fond memories? These people were in their 20's when they bought the car. And they spent some time touring in Europe, after, so . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Thank you very much for your help, hope they remember and will share some info. It was in their possesion from July '67 until They sold it to Erik ( a guy here in Norway that imported vintage cars) in ca '98. I am the third owner in Norway but it has not been registrated here until september 2020. I have restored all suspension etc and now am going to repaint the car in original color (Light Ivory).
    What I see from the condition:
    -Have had one repaint in Light Ivory and one in dark grey metallic.
    -Passenger door changed, maybe after an accident?
    -Original engine gone and replace with a VW engine with the old Solex carbs.
    Thanks again!

I would be interested in one vintage license plate frame from Porsche dealer in SF area if someone have a spare...