Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Headlight relay kit comparison question

That looks to be a fog lamp relay harness in the photo.
    RD is still learning how to make harnesses and what they are for.
    The headlight relay kits are totally different. I started making the ones using the original style relay bases for people a few years ago. I guess Kroon liked the idea after seeing my posts about them on Pelican, and started making them too. (For a fair bit more $)

Quote Originally Posted by timmy2 View Post
    That looks to be a fog lamp relay harness in the photo.
    RD is still learning how to make harnesses and what they are for.
    The headlight relay kits are totally different. I started making the ones using the original style relay bases for people a few years ago. I guess Kroon liked the idea after seeing my posts about them on Pelican, and started making them too. (For a fair bit more $)
    Do you still make them?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Do you still make them?
    Yes, I do.
    You can PM me here or email me and I’ll get some specific details from you about your car.
    Last edited by timmy2; 04-08-2021 at 09:27 PM.

Yeah, that must be a guess, Timmy, because it's my first time hearing this, and I've never seen a message about it before? My team and I (and a friend in the US) have spent many hours testing and prototyping it and it is not nice to answer in such a way. That does not do them justice. We have already sold a lot of them worldwide and if this was just your genius idea then I should have read a lot more about it before, especially on this forum. You also make nice products, but don't accuse us of copying behavior. And let's be honest, using original relay sockets is also a pretty logical thought for you and me who are committed to making wire harnesses. When you next make such allegations, perhaps it is more professional to verify them first? You are a nice guy Timmy and we always get along well on this forum. Shall we keep it that way?

... ... ...
    Name:  popcorn-600x400.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  52.8 KB

Yes Kroon makes fabulous stuff. I have a few harness pieces. But the shipping is extortion. UPS if I remember. It was 50 or 70 Euro to ship a 5 buck fuse box label, so I gave up.

Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Dave DiMaria has only used YNZ harnesses for his restorations. On my 67S targa we tried a "competitor" and it wasn't correct, so Dave sold it and we went back to YNZ. If you look at the YNZ site you'll see how detailed they get on the application. In many cases you'll need to supply your chassis number so they can account for the running changes.

YNZ started as a harness builder for vintage USA cars, and then 40 years ago the owner walked into Parts Obsolete (Gary Emory) and needed a harness for his 1955 Speedster... and it went from there. When Rod Emory needed to rebuild the harness for the Gmund LeMans car that's where he went... They do Gmunds to 917's.. and they had original harnesses in every case to develop their harnesses.
    https://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/h...alogs/porsche/

Yes shipping small parts from here to the US is expensive, especially for just a fuse-label or any other small part/wiring loom. But on the other hand i think that shipping a complete wiring set (weight approx. 11kg) to the other side of the world is rather cheap, especially when you consider that its fully ensured and it only takes a few days to arrive. We will always do our best to look for the most economical way of shipping. In that case shipping a small part that fits in a padded enveloppe only costs 5-10 euro but offers no tracking and might take longer to arrive (max 2 weeks) l guess we need to make this more clear in the shipping module on our website and otherwise just contact us by email: info@kroonwireharnesses.com

Quote Originally Posted by gerakroo View Post
    Yeah, that must be a guess, Timmy, because it's my first time hearing this, and I've never seen a message about it before? My team and I (and a friend in the US) have spent many hours testing and prototyping it and it is not nice to answer in such a way. That does not do them justice. We have already sold a lot of them worldwide and if this was just your genius idea then I should have read a lot more about it before, especially on this forum. You also make nice products, but don't accuse us of copying behavior. And let's be honest, using original relay sockets is also a pretty logical thought for you and me who are committed to making wire harnesses. When you next make such allegations, perhaps it is more professional to verify them first? You are a nice guy Timmy and we always get along well on this forum. Shall we keep it that way?
    Sorry Gerald, No offense intended. After all imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    I’ve made them for people for a few years now and have posted on Pelican about them.
    Mostly for SC’s but for a few 69-77’s as well. Looked like a newer item on your site.
    I rarely spend time on this forum, and almost never post here.

I have used Timmy2, Kroon and YNZ’s.
    All work has been top notch.
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)