Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: @eBay - 1967 swt Versuch

FS: @eBay - 1967 swt Versuch First owner Jochen Neerspach

Hi
    My Father has decided to sell we could not come up with a price so we felt the Market would Take care of it. Was waiting to add I thought most on the board would have figured it out, but thought I would add anyway.
    Thanks Bret

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...US_Cars_Trucks
    Last edited by Bivvv; 07-07-2014 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Activated the link...

Banned
    Well this should be super, duper interesting to watch.

Good luck with the auction. Hope you kill it.

VIN = 500100
    Eng# = 900054
    Trans# = ?

'. . . This car needs complete Restoration, including pans and some in the rockers. The body panels seem to be in fair condition, the car was painted a few years prior to my father purchase. It is Numbers Matching and Confirmed on the Kardex and COA. This car was completed 12/07/66 and and the engine # 900054 was Versuch geliefert (Received from the testing dept) upon the cars completion it was used in the testing department and was serviced in Belgium until 9/15/67 when the first owner took possession. The first owner was machinist and a factory winning driver in 1967, and he spent his career in the racing community. According to Porsche cars of North America This car is not an S however engine #900054 is type 901/02 with 40IDS carbs which have the high speed Enrichment. These carbs became the s carbs late in 67, but I believe they were used on racing engines as early as 65. The engines prior to #900100 were Internal, experimental and for testing use, Not for the people. This engine seems to run well but should be freshened, I don't believe that the engine has been apart by anyone but the testing dept. The transmission is not shown on the Kardex or Coa The only number that I can find is #11 on the housing with an early casting date. There are many S performance features included in this car, with many of the cosmetic features that were not. I have not been able to find out concrete information about what this car was used for or what the testing department was testing. The factory has stated for privacy reasons this info is not available, which seems common for the Versuch cars. According to the Kardex the car was originally light Ivory with a red leatherette interior. There was some rust repair and the color was changed in the early 80s to update the look by the previous owner. The car needs extensive rust repair and a complete restoration but there is plenty of story and history left to complete for the new owner. Car is sold as is where is, buyer is responsible for shipping but we are willing to help facilitate or deliver to a shipping port on the west coast at the buyers expense. More pictures are available on request but a pre-purchase inspection is recommended we are located on the central coast of California. If you would like to hear the engine run please view the video below. I don't know if this engine was ever raced, as said in the narration in the video. Clear Title in My Fathers Name . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...US_Cars_Trucks

(Not mine)

Sorry to see it go . . . but I hope we can help you find a good buyer . . .

. . . and thanks for posting it here
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

What exactly is a pre-production engine? A type number pretty much spells it out...yes?
    registry# 1283

Quote Originally Posted by speedo View Post
    What exactly is a pre-production engine? A type number pretty much spells it out...yes?

Cut and pasted from the add
    # 900054 was Versuch geliefert (Received from the testing dept). The engines prior to #900100 were "Internal, what could that mean?, experimental and for testing use, Not for the people". I don't believe that the engine has been apart by anyone but the testing dept. Internal use could mean many things. The first owner was machinist and a factory winning driver in 1967, and he spent his career in the racing community. How and why did this engine get factory installed in this car? was it just 901/02? There have only been 2 other engines that have been found 1 short block and 1 Block this is the only known complete, running Pre production engine. The first 64 911 production engines started with 900100.

Rick thanks for posting the add, I hope to find a good buyer and hopefully one that we can follow the progress, because I hate to see it go too!!
    Bret

Quote Originally Posted by Bivvv View Post
    . . . # 900054 was Versuch geliefert (Received from the testing dept) . . .
    More on 'Versuch' cars . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...t=Versuch+cars

1200 hits on the auction w/ a day to go

We Can Be Heroes

imagining this in original light ivory over red. That combo is awesome. GLWS!

~J~
    air cooled only

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    imagining this in original light ivory over red. That combo is awesome. GLWS!
    Hi Jules
    Yes light Ivory over red will be a stunning combination, I am now revaling the First owner was Jochen Neerpasch. I have also added this info to the e-bay add.
    Thanks Bret

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Well this should be super, duper interesting to watch.

Good luck with the auction. Hope you kill it.
    Not so Much!! Price is now $125,000 or best offer, or look for a new thread in another 25 years Garage find in our own Garage!!!
    Bret
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with the world is the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt" Bertram Russel

I saw that it only hit $50k. Figured it would go much higher. I guess the eBay audience doesn't know the significance?

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)