Thread: 1973 911T or 911E Sportomatic RoW

1973 911T or 911E Sportomatic RoW

Does anybody out there have one? If so, I'd like the gearbox number. If you don't know it, my friends at the Porsche archives can retrieve it from the VIN. These cars have the 925/21 transmissions and the serial number range is left out of the Specs Book. I want to put the range in my book (almost done) to complete that information -- only need one to determine what the series is. Probably is 763#??? with the # being 4 or higher. The US counterpart had the 925/00 that started with 7630001.

Brett
    I have vin and engine numbers for quite a few Australian delivered 73 Sportos (6T coupe 15E coupe 6 T targas and 12 E targas) Also a couple of S targa sportos

But unfortunately no gearbox number for any of them although a few still have the original Sporto in them

I can PM you a range of Vins if you like - let me know if that would help
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Hi Hugh,

Just need the VIN(s). Jens at the Porsche archives will look them up to get the gearbox numbers fitted. These will determine the beginning numbers in that series and that will give me the information I need. Trying to get the series end numbers on cars this late is way too complicated.

Thanks! If you want to provide them off-line, I am at: 356drb@indy.net

I have a 905/21 listed with 7430054
    Might want to check 9113511068 as it seems to have highest engine I know of.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers