Thread: Need Hardware for the 'Rear Seat Delete' Luggage Compartment

Need Hardware for the 'Rear Seat Delete' Luggage Compartment

Fellow enthusiasts,

i am trying to find authentic hardware for the 'rear seat delete' luggage compartment. i found an original luggage compartment and had it re-upholstered, but the hardware for the doors was lost. Each door had two hinges and a knob/closure (which i believe was magnetic).

does anyone have a suggestion of where i can find that hardware?

thanks to all of you, in advance.

For the reproductions my friends made, they sourced it all from marine hardware suppliers. I would think those or RV suppliers would be the best. I know they couldn't find exact knob/closure, so they went with a small pushbutton type as I recall.

The finished image is courtesy Rob Abbott, he had that work done by Dave at TRE.

E
    Attached Images Attached Images

Erik, you are one of our foremost scholars. thank you for sharing that information.

However, in no way to diminish Erik's contribution, a series of screwed up events related to house chores (and getting a garden ready), i was rooting for proper sized deck screws and found the bag with the hinges, knobs and other hardware.

i personally consider this revelation to be an act of God, himself, but i also appreciate the Early S Community and its resources.

this is a good day that might even warrant bringing out the old scotch.