Thread: WTB: 2.2E cams

WTB: 2.2E cams

Looking for a pair of E cams in good condition for a mild upgrade to my 2.2T Sporto. Thanks.
    Last edited by teenchy; 04-16-2021 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Clarification
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

2.2 E cams would be MFI with the drive tang for the injection pump. If you still have Sportomatic, then you also need the other cam with the drive for the Sporto oil pump. Is this correct?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    2.2 E cams would be MFI with the drive tang for the injection pump. If you still have Sportomatic, then you also need the other cam with the drive for the Sporto oil pump. Is this correct?

There are two pins that go into the end of the cam to drive the oil pump. The holes are in the end of the camshaft from manufacture; you just need to press in the pins. (See part #43 in diagram.) Updated request accordingly.

camshaft dowels.png
    Last edited by teenchy; 04-16-2021 at 10:56 AM. Reason: image
    ESR #1474

I believe that T cams can be reprofiled to E spec. As I recall I had Dougherty Cams do a set for me. It was cheaper than new cams.
    1969 911 E #824

Quote Originally Posted by xpensivewino View Post
    I believe that T cams can be reprofiled to E spec. As I recall I had Dougherty Cams do a set for me. It was cheaper than new cams.

They can. However, per Dougherty, Ts cannot be reground to DC30s but Es and Solexes can.
    ESR #1474

I have a pair of factory 906 cams with nuts because they are larger. George

I can supply a nice clean E RHS camshaft. PM me with your email if interested,
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by xpensivewino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teenchy View Post
    They can. However, per Dougherty, Ts cannot be reground to DC30s but Es and Solexes can.

Have resigned myself to sending a good set of T cores to Dougherty to regrind into Es. Cannot find E or Solex cores to regrind into DC30s. Life is a series of compromises but this one shouldn't be major in the grand scheme of things. Moderators, please close thread. Thanks.
    Last edited by teenchy; 04-22-2021 at 06:39 PM. Reason: closure
    ESR #1474