Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1970 911S Coupe Black

FS: 1970 911S Coupe Black

1970 Porsche 911S

This 911S is a true barn find. Originally black in color, Porsche code 1010, it is equipped with Air Conditioning and delivered 12/23/1969 to it's first owner in Columbus Ohio. It was recently pulled from a warehouse in Northern Michigan where it had been stored with other Porsches and collectables by the previous owner. While the paint is original it will likely need refinishing.

The interior overall looks highly original with the exception of the radio. The floors look solid and seats appear to be in good condition. The car indicated around 49K miles and based on the very small amounts of rust and condition of the interior may be accurate.

Included with the car are notes from the early 1970's where it was documented that the engine was replaced with a 1970 911T motor. The original engine number would have been 6300230 as noted in the maintenance record.

After sitting for so long it will need attention before returning to the road. I'm available anytime by telephone for questions and happy to provide additional photos. I'm listing the car at an aggressive price considering the rare color and condition of this 911S. Overseas buyers are welcome.

Thank you for viewing my listing! 77,500 OBO pilot83 at outlook.com or (904) 874-4877

IMG_6764.jpgIMG_6891.jpgIMG_6756.jpgIMG_6858.jpgIMG_6865.jpgIMG_6888.jpgIMG_6875.jpgIMG_6864.jpg
    Last edited by helosixx; 05-01-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Appears to have had a rust treatment as noted by the yellow plugs in the door pillar area. Tuff-Kote Dinol and Ziebart were two of the more popular products. Looks to be an original car except for the rearview mirror and engine. GLWS.
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI

And the dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by runsub5 View Post
    Appears to have had a rust treatment as noted by the yellow plugs in the door pillar area. Tuff-Kote Dinol and Ziebart were two of the more popular products. Looks to be an original car except for the rearview mirror and engine. GLWS.
    Is “rust treatment” the same as rust repair? Would those yellow dots indicate that rust exists in the rocker panels?
    1957 356A Cab Condor Yellow
    1970 911E Targa “CONDA G”
    1970 911T3.2 “Meatballs”
    1972 911T2.5 “AWBRGN”
    1972 911T Targa Glaserblau
    1976 911S Talbot Yellow

A rust treatment was a rust inhibitor that was applied to the internal cavities of the body. Holes were drilled in different locations and the rust inhibitor sprayed in to the holes. Caps were then used to seal the holes. Also was applied to the undercarriage of the vehicle to prevent corrosion from road salt that was applied to roads in northern climates. Usually done when vehicles were new.
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI

Quote Originally Posted by runsub5 View Post
    And the seats and a repaint? Didnt the 70S come with sports seats standard? And it got a 911T tach at one point in life.

Great find, bummer the engine is gone

~J~
    air cooled only

The seats, tach and dash look to be OG, am I missing something? Sport seats were not standard on the S though I wish they had been.

Listed on Hemmings. More pictures there:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...s/2481035.html
    Brent
    '70 911S
    '68 TR250

Hello
    I have a 1970 real S engine case. Maybe this will help with the sale. Send email address for pictures.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by georgepvalerio View Post
    Hello
    I have a 1970 real S engine case. Maybe this will help with the sale. Send email address for pictures.
    George
    Thank you George, I’ve been asked a few times if I knew of an engine available. I’ll be sure to refer interested buyers.