Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geze clamps pricing question

Geze clamps pricing question

I found a bit of info on these Geze clamps but not a whole lot of sales to figure out pricing. Both sets are nos, nib. One is stainless and the other is plated. It looks like both styles were used on Porsche race cars. Your suggestions are appreciated.

“Geze clamps are really hard to find now. A couple of decades back the Germans raided every ski shop they could find.”

"The engineers were having difficulty holding the engine cover of the 910 down safely, and, over dinner one night, Mr Piëch spoke about this to his good friend Mr Geze, whose firm made these bindings, and this was the solution."
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by mepstein; 04-17-2021 at 11:31 AM.
    A part isn't purchased until paid.

The 9 Store LLC.

Sorry for the bad news , but none of these were used on Porsches they are the standard Ski bindings. Prices vary between 50 and 150 here in Germany (depending on the shipping cost of ski)
    The real deal is around 1500 for steel and even more for aluminium. There have been some repops being made selling for around 1000.
    I have looked at literally every ad on ebay germany containing the word (geze and (ski or schi )) in the last 12 years and I got lucky once with a set of steel ones as used on 906 and 910 (and a half as the the bergspyder had different ones but was only built once - so no need for that type of clamps)
    And there is no Mr. Geze. Geze is still a family business and the Family name is Vöster. Geze being the name from earlier times Gretsch & Co "GC" - geze. I've seen Mr Vöster the long "retired" senior 3 or 4 years ago visiting the company in his Porsche Macan.
    I am quite frequently at Geze and they haven't got anything ski related left apart from some posters or a Cable Ski cabin on the yard - no drawings no nothing. They sold all the ski stuff in 1983.
    The guys in R&D/mechanical design get around once a year questions if they could repop the brackets.
    These are the ones used on the spyder
    Name:  IMG_6407.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  59.3 KB
    and these are the regular type
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...=1#post1002567
    Last edited by uai; 04-17-2021 at 01:10 PM.

The pictures on the 910's sure look a lot like what I have. ?

Even the ones on the 917 look similar.

The 9 Store LLC.

more 910 pics

The 9 Store LLC.

the type you have was not used on p cars even if they would be aluminum.as far as i know aluminum ones were mostly used on racing ski back in the days. i have 4 of the ones pictured below--one is broken.if anyone out there has one with a good base plate ..i am a buyer(aluminum type only)

Thanks everyone for your help.

The 9 Store LLC.

both are repops...nicely done though...but pretty sure the seller knows...btw there are so many reproductions in this auction claiming to be original...

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Yes, that is a real problem for the unknown. Silly prices...

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    both are repops...nicely done though...but pretty sure the seller knows...btw there are so many reproductions in this auction claiming to be original...
    Yes, you would expect there to be much more curation by the auction house.