Thread: Best Source For Fitted Cover (Indoors) For 2 Liter 911?

Best Source For Fitted Cover (Indoors) For 2 Liter 911?

Hi,

Apologies in advance for a topic I'm sure has been discussed (but I can't locate a thread). I purchased the Porsche "Classic" indoor soft cover for a SWB, 2 liter 911, to find out it was really fitted for a car significantly larger. It even said "Carrera" on it, which of course, a 2 liter 911 is not. I called thinking it was a mistake to be told that Porsche deems all cars 964 and early as "classic" and there for it was correct. Silly, IMHO, bc they are dramatically different size and shapes, mirrors are different, etc. This looks ridiculous on my 60s 911, but fits perfectly on my 964, so I'll keep it for that.

But still doesn't help me with my SWB 911. Does anyone have a recommendation for a great (fitted) indoor cover for a 1960s 911?

Thanks in advance!

i got a 'Formfit' by "Covercraft" for MY72, I got a Logo on the front so I can tell the front from the back (as it is always folded up so the outside is against the outside when not on the car)
    It sits an inch off the ground from rear wheel to front wheels and works great. Machine washable. My only criticism is that the wing mirror pocket could be smaller especially on a 60's 911 with the round mirror. Best to talk to someone at Covercraft so they understand.

Name:  Image 20-04-21 at 8.34 AM.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  77.2 KB

Name:  Image 20-04-21 at 8.34 AM (1).jpg
Views: 355
Size:  88.9 KB

Name:  Image 20-04-21 at 8.35 AM.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  79.0 KB
    Mark

If I had to take that thing off every time I wanted to use it, the car would never get out of the garage.

ej, I totally agree but the car now resides in a pretty old garage attached to a pretty old house here in Parnell (circa 1858) and it is uninsulated,dusty and small.
    My PB is 17 seconds to take the cars 'nightie' off which to me is a small price to pay rather than finding the neighbours cat sitting on the roof.

Name:  Image 20-04-21 at 11.38 AM.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  82.0 KB
    Mark

From 1858, yours has to be one of the first houses in Parnell. My town, Southold, is a tad older (founded in 1640), but my storage barn, c.1920, is a relative youngster and dirty. I understand your problem. Keep working on your PB. How long does it take to replace the cover? EJB

I got the Porsche one as well for my LWB and think it fits well enough. Mine does not say “Carrera” though, so doesn’t sound like the same as yours
    SEARCHING FOR ENGINE 6208326 (last seen in car with VIN 9111101452)

-70 911E
    -84 3,2 Sold

I've tried a few, even the breathable ones are a problem if you live in a humid/moist area, as the humidity will be trapped by the cover, it leads to surface rust on nuts and bolts and unprotected areas, it also can lead to mold in the interior....I do have the form-fit/satin cover for my car in california, and it looks great and protects the car. Here in NJ, I use light plastic covers intended for small-cars that I bought from amazon, cheap, disposable.....use them for a while and once they get dirty, throw them away.

your local climate makes a difference in terms of what you might want, and what is it that you are trying to protect the car from?
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Try this company in Belgium. They supply two sizes of polyester indoor Porsche covers in multiple colors:
    one for 911s thru 1973 and one for 1974 thru 89, in a variety of colors. They are made by the same company in Europe which makes them for Porsche.

I bought the one for my 1972 Targa, in black with Porsche crest on the hood. The material is unbelievably soft, pliant, and snug, with elastics sewn in front and back to control fit. The lower edges come to 2” above floor, and fit tightly. The side mirror pockets are for the earlier cars as well. They also come with a nice carrying bag.

I received mine in one week (Belgium to NC), beautifully packed and shipped. Price was 245 Euros, and I think it included shipping.

The owner is Gert Carnewal, very professional and efficient. They have many other interesting items for Porsches.

Carnewal – Porsche upgrades and accessories.
    www.carnewal.com
    info@carnewal.com
    Instagram : gert.carnewal
    Follow us on Facebook

Vijverbeek 8
    9688 Maarkedal Belgium.
    Tel : 0032 55 499.300

Cheers,
    Bahman
    1972 911E Targa, Mostly Original
    2002 Porsche 996 C4 Cabriolet
    2005 Turbo-converted MINI Cooper S