- update 5 -

to give you some update…

you remember, in the last episode the spoiler had been: „the engine tins are gone, but I will provide new ones…..“

I did not pressure the workshop, as they have sooooo much work! of course, its in the middle of the season, money is as cheap as never before, cars value is up again and rising

I received private PM‘s, whatsapp, phone calls and else notes on offering help and on getting the core engine immediately back home. Thank you for this.

I really do appreciate this.

As I had already calculated with the worst, not to be a victim of wrong expectation, I spiritually seperated from my engine and thought: well, at first it was attempten embazzlement, but if he tries now tricks, its obvious betrayel….and my lawyer, who is a Porsch‘ addicted 964 collector, is keen on bringing him to court.

But to come back….
He asked me to give him time up to Friday, the 28th of may. I gave the workshop a call the following tuesday, the 1st of june, after lunch. I was announcing to the secretary, that I will show up the next morning in order to pick up „my stuff“. In a very nice swabian accent I was asked to hold the line, to get the following news: „it‘s not yet ready for pickup!! You will be informed by the „Chef“ when it will be ready!“ Some forth and back asking…but same swabian friendly answer.

I had other things to clear, rearrange dates, check on other items, like NOS Solex carbs and stuff, discussed with my lawyer. Agreed to give him time. The longer it takes, the more he drives the carriage in the dirt….

Today, the 9th of June, I gave the workshop again the post-lunch call. The son of the owner, who is working also in the company was on phone. We do know each other, I did spend a bottle of champagne for his mastership on finshing his job education years ago. He felt umpleasant me having on the phone and reached me directly over to his father.

„Ah no, its not done, but I know, I have to. There is sooo much work here in the shop“…..“When do you want to come?“

Very friendly I was asking him to prepare everything on a palette and then give me a call when it‘s done. By the time tomorrow I do want to receive some pics of the status quo of the engine, all sides, to get a impression of what its like….

„I will do so latest in the afternoon…..“
he promised and I wished a nice rest of the day…

End of the episode ….spoiler alert…