Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: to embezzle an engine - the strangeness of disappearing units

- update 5 -

to give you some update…

you remember, in the last episode the spoiler had been: „the engine tins are gone, but I will provide new ones…..“

I did not pressure the workshop, as they have sooooo much work! of course, its in the middle of the season, money is as cheap as never before, cars value is up again and rising

I received private PM‘s, whatsapp, phone calls and else notes on offering help and on getting the core engine immediately back home. Thank you for this.

I really do appreciate this.

As I had already calculated with the worst, not to be a victim of wrong expectation, I spiritually seperated from my engine and thought: well, at first it was attempten embazzlement, but if he tries now tricks, its obvious betrayel….and my lawyer, who is a Porsch‘ addicted 964 collector, is keen on bringing him to court.

But to come back….
    He asked me to give him time up to Friday, the 28th of may. I gave the workshop a call the following tuesday, the 1st of june, after lunch. I was announcing to the secretary, that I will show up the next morning in order to pick up „my stuff“. In a very nice swabian accent I was asked to hold the line, to get the following news: „it‘s not yet ready for pickup!! You will be informed by the „Chef“ when it will be ready!“ Some forth and back asking…but same swabian friendly answer.

I had other things to clear, rearrange dates, check on other items, like NOS Solex carbs and stuff, discussed with my lawyer. Agreed to give him time. The longer it takes, the more he drives the carriage in the dirt….

Today, the 9th of June, I gave the workshop again the post-lunch call. The son of the owner, who is working also in the company was on phone. We do know each other, I did spend a bottle of champagne for his mastership on finshing his job education years ago. He felt umpleasant me having on the phone and reached me directly over to his father.

„Ah no, its not done, but I know, I have to. There is sooo much work here in the shop“…..“When do you want to come?“

Very friendly I was asking him to prepare everything on a palette and then give me a call when it‘s done. By the time tomorrow I do want to receive some pics of the status quo of the engine, all sides, to get a impression of what its like….

„I will do so latest in the afternoon…..“
    he promised and I wished a nice rest of the day…

End of the episode ….spoiler alert…
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

All that gives me stomach ache ...
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Haul, need a hand, some hands ? I agree with Massimo, that makes me sick too (but that not helping much)
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Has this been resolved?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

nope…still in progress….
    nothing has ever showed up…even an agreed set of pictures of the status quo did not appear.
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    nope…still in progress….
    nothing has ever showed up…even an agreed set of pictures of the status quo did not appear.
    Time has come for lawyers to jump in, I am afraid ...
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

07.07.21, 0915,
    call at the workshop…
    did not came through to the owner… got noted that he will send the promised pictures today…

will update later on…
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

Update -6-

dear all,

I did call now several times at the workshop and set an ultimate schedule before getting in contact with the lawyer to persue the further proceedings. Today, in the early evening, i received the following pics.

A complete, working unit had been given into storage…have a look!
    As we do know, the sheet metal is already a bad replacement, as the original parts had been „outsourced“
    it seems the heat exchanger have got a „refreshment“, too.

Are these my parts…are these my heads, pistons, rockers, cams etc???

br

haul
    Last edited by haul; 07-08-2021 at 12:07 PM.
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    Update -6-

Are these my parts…are these my heads, pistons, rockers, cams etc???

br

haul
    I would be there in the morning, collect my parts, and feel happy that you walked away with anything, it looked really bad there for awhile, this is a pretty good outcome, all things considered.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Too what you said (are these your parts?).

I don’t see a generator (12v?) hub? 1more pulley half? and may be some missing sheet metal (1x over cylinder shroud, under fuel pump, ?), intake manifolds?, 2x cylinder heat deflecter shields, 1x spring for that. The J tubes of the heat exchangers are 356, the dual flap HE might be 356 as well? (Different linkage)

BTW Adams advice is probably the smartest thing to do if the numbers match to what you had and want to move on. I would not sign anything.

richard
    Last edited by preS; 07-09-2021 at 01:52 AM.
    searching for engine (case) 903742