Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riddle me this?

Riddle me this?

Was going through a box of miscellaneous parts and screws and stuff and found this in one of the boxes. Looks like a clamp for an oil line, but it's not obvious to me where it goes.

Anybody know what it is and where it goes? TIA.

Ravi

Name:  IMG_1994.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  131.3 KB
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Swb horn mount......mounts on the pipe on the headlight bucket with the wiring inside. May also be LWB too?
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Not for LWB cars as they had battery boxes requiring the horns to be mounted differently.

Definitely not for LWB. They have black angular brackets for the two horns. I did have the wrong horns on my car when I bought it in 2012 and had to build some functional originals as detailed elsewhere on the forum. The one that was on the car may have been mounted with this bracket. Can't remember.
    It would explain why it is in the box of parts that Robert returned to me. Looks different than what I've seen online so far.

Could it be an inner fender antennae mount?

Not SWB horn mount, at least not through 1968.

I also guess an antenna mount. Maybe for electric antenna or so.

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Quote Originally Posted by Scott A View Post
    I also guess an antenna mount. Maybe for electric antenna or so.
    +1 to above.
    1972 911E Targa, Mostly Original
    2002 Porsche 996 C4 Cabriolet
    2005 Turbo-converted MINI Cooper S

Quote Originally Posted by Bahman View Post
    +1 to above.
    Manual antenna mount for at least 70-71, probably 72 and 73. No idea if it fits other years.

Antenna mount is also a possibility. My car had an antenna when I bought it, but it was wrong and so was the radio and the car did not come with either of them, so when the left fender was replaced, we didn't drill it and replace the antenna and radio. So this could be from that era of the car.