Thread: Looking for Seat Belt Restoration

Looking for Seat Belt Restoration

Per posts on the forum I sent my 69 911E seat belts and hardware to Ssnake Oyl in Texas. I had also included the webbing purchased from Stretch here and their reply was we can't plate the hardware and the webbing is incorrect. When I called ahead of sending my stuff I thought I was pretty detailed about what I was looking for. So pretty disappointed with them. Does anyone on the forum know of a complete seat belt restoration service somewhere else? Thanks in advance.
    69 911E fully restored
    73 914-6 GT Tribute w/ PMO twin plug 2.7 motor
    73 911 RSR Tribute with Rothsport 3.5 motor
    84 911 Safari build & 88 911 Carmine Red
    90 964 C2 w/993TT motor & 91 964 C2 bone stock 31k miles

I had mine re-webbed by Seat Belt Planet (https://www.seatbeltplanet.com). I just had them use their standard webbing, and didn't need any plating done. But they were accommodating, would have used webbing I supplied (had I done so), had fast turnaround time, and were considerably cheaper than the Ssnake.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

There are plenty of sources although quality services for vintage and custom stuff may vary. I thought one of the best was gone, but found his email and facebook page: billrichdesign@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/people/Rich...653/?sk=photos

Also check your local upholstery shops, most are capable of doing fixed belts. I used Ssnake Oyl for a set and they came out OK, but pricey. Had a set done locally for a fraction of the cost, provided the webbing.

Regarding plating: get it done yourself. Most shops don't want the responsibility and/or headaches of meeting the client's expectations.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    There are plenty of sources although quality services for vintage and custom stuff may vary. I thought one of the best was gone, but found his email and facebook page: billrichdesign@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/people/Rich...653/?sk=photos

Also check your local upholstery shops, most are capable of doing fixed belts. I used Ssnake Oyl for a set and they came out OK, but pricey. Had a set done locally for a fraction of the cost, provided the webbing.

Regarding plating: get it done yourself. Most shops don't want the responsibility and/or headaches of meeting the client's expectations.
    Thanks. I will have to send the items needing plating out myself and use a local upholster to re sew the webbing. Probably will take a picture of the thread pattern so they can duplicate.
    69 911E fully restored
    73 914-6 GT Tribute w/ PMO twin plug 2.7 motor
    73 911 RSR Tribute with Rothsport 3.5 motor
    84 911 Safari build & 88 911 Carmine Red
    90 964 C2 w/993TT motor & 91 964 C2 bone stock 31k miles

ake sure that whomever you use, they use the proper seat belt thread and have the proper equipment to do the job, not just any upholsterer can do it