Thread: FS: complete Solex set up

FS: complete Solex set up

This set up is as good as complete. Besides a rebuild will it need an insulator for the fuel pump and a seal for the air cleaner but I will order those and include them in the sale.

Parts are near Amsterdam, and available for personal inspection.

12.500€ + shipping.

Bank wire or US cashier check.

Contact me if you want more information, pictures, etc.

Richard
    CBE540A2-C85C-48F5-9E28-4A601F850F13.jpg
    EB81FBB4-7781-4801-84AF-A860AFF1A177.jpg
    C043FB2E-97FC-4FA4-9830-F90A7A11D9B8.jpg
    726B1187-DB20-4DF1-AE1B-552166D811F1.jpg
    ADD0C940-2A26-4918-9669-F5F3A33D4E79.jpg
    Last edited by preS; 03-14-2022 at 08:26 AM.
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Might have been an option on 64 cars ..

05CEBA20-EEDC-4843-8AC3-BE639582ED78.jpg

Richard

Hello Richard,

I have two pairs of solex carbs, But unfortunately only one matching Mann air filter/intake tinware although strangely enough it too is finished in chrome (in not as nice condition as yours) I always presumed the chrome was a modification that someone had done over the years? Have you seen or heard of any others in chrome as all the ones I’ve ever seen online (bar yours) have been painted black. Unfortunately 901’s are thin on the ground where I live let alone ones running solex carbs.

Best of luck with the sale of the carbs, should you find yourself stuck with the spare intake tinware I’d be interested.
    Cheers from down under, Australia.
    Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Quackerz View Post
    Hello Richard,

I have two pairs of solex carbs, But unfortunately only one matching Mann air filter/intake tinware although strangely enough it too is finished in chrome (in not as nice condition as yours) I always presumed the chrome was a modification that someone had done over the years? Have you seen or heard of any others in chrome as all the ones I’ve ever seen online (bar yours) have been painted black. Unfortunately 901’s are thin on the ground where I live let alone ones running solex carbs.

Best of luck with the sale of the carbs, should you find yourself stuck with the spare intake tinware I’d be interested.
    Cheers from down under, Australia.
    Brendan
    I have seen it a few times but I think it’s just what people did back in the 70s/80s. Not factory.

BTW it’s not the correct air cleaner design for a 901

Thanks,
    Richard

BTW; I have the timing cover AND the cam eccentric that drives that fuel pump. That I don't need.
    email: porsche @ hawaii.rr.com if interested.

Hi PreS.

PM sent. Thank you.

I don’t think you can PM if you have less than 10 posts.

If you are interested in buying the set up just post your email address and I will contact you.

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard, can you email me please email me re items for sale. I don't believe I can message you. Thank you. eliotcg@gmail.com

Bump for a complete Solex set up.

Richard