Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tires for Long Hoods?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
    FWIW, I had horrible balancing issues on my N rated P6000. Impossible to keep balances after about 40% wear of the tread. 2 sets and I gave up.
    Very much appreciate this feedback.

I see P6000 pricing is up to parity with the CR6ZZ, as well, where it was 60~% here the last time around. So difficult to balance initially and impossible to balance at 40% wear is unacceptable.

Agree the XAS looks superb on early 911s, but also love the look of the XWX on later long hoods and 914-6s. Trouble for me is good performance is the minimum bar, which rules both Coker tires—and the Sprint Classic—out. I guess that leaves the CN36 and CR6ZZ, and it's looking more and more like another set of the latter. As dmaddox notes, they're the right amount of classic, and I feel they really elevate a vintage Porsche hot rod visually precisely because they don't stick out…until you notice them. And then they do, but in a very good way. Wear has been a non-issue for me, as they'll time out (note to self: driver your old car more…a lot more).

Or, perhaps, the BFG Radial T/A, which no longer looks quite so overpriced as it once did.

I mean....if someone was looking - this is a score: https://forums.pelicanparts.com/pors...s-set-4-a.html

Since we are talking about it, someone could win with those. Correct size, too.

Cheers
    Looking for a 1967 911S Project!

My 78 FJ40 Build

Following up on an earlier post, I received a Dunlop Sport Classic 185/70R15 this week from Coker tire. It had been on back order since mid-May.
    1971 911 T Targa, metallic green

Another question for those of us with tube style Fuchs is which tires work well with tubes? Was running Vredestein, thinking of switching to Pirelli CN36 soon.

Does anyone know if you can import Avon ZV7's into the US?

looks like you can get them in 205/60/15 and they are "V" rated

found them on

mytyres.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Dmill View Post
    Does anyone know if you can import Avon ZV7's into the US?

looks like you can get them in 205/60/15 and they are "V" rated

found them on

mytyres.co.uk
    It doesn't look like they are approved for US sale, per the pop-up on Avon UK's website:

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 6.33.21 PM.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  57.5 KB

And judging from some of these tests, I don't think we're missing much...

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 6.32.54 PM.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  66.2 KB
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Huge fan of the CN36 tires. They performed great drive up and back down Angeles Crest Highway. Plus they look the part.
    Bill

Early 911S Registry Member #4087
    Instagram: @myflat6

'72T hotrod 210 0228
    '82SC Targa
    '97C4S (sold - and regretting it)

Ugh!!!...Still in search of V rated 205 /60 / 15's...

Just found some Dunlop Sport Classics at Universal Tire in Pa.
    Unfortunately they only had 3 185x70x15 which I bought …so the 4th is now on back order .
    They also have a couple of full sets of 185x80x15 in stock but these are a little more expensive.
    They also have 205’s but considerably more expensive .
    Reviews have been great and I think the logo and graphics look vintage.
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)