Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage Porsche track days ?

Agreed with the general views on DE, just depends on your willingness to run with a slower group and allow people to pass you. Plus, autocross. Because I wasn't a PCA member prior to COVID, I haven't been able to run with CVR DE, so I just did PCA autocross. There are many 944s, 914s, and slow driving modern Porsches in that crowd, plus, people don't mind the "slower" car when you are squealing your way around the course and occasionally spinning out.

I got hooked up with a '69 jag in my SCDA run group the other day. It was a blast.

Name:  IMG_5696.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  92.8 KB

Hopefully I'll have a slick back in time for next year's triple-sprint rumble - if anyone knows of a lead, let me know (912s are getting ridiculously expensive to convert to a track car!). I heard great things about the vintage class of that event.

I guess it all depends on your local track and scene, but every time I go to Lime Rock there are a bunch of air cooled cars, 914s, and maybe another long hood if I'm lucky. Inevitably there will be a few old hands that drove long hoods and they are more than willing to dispense advice appropriate to the car and they certainly make me feel welcome. I've yet to go to a track day where people were not excited to see a 50-year old car driving around. If the guys in the corvettes and M3s are pissed at me, I'm too happy to care.
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

Rick, thanks for the post. Looks like a fun time in a fun car!
    Agreed about the incredible run up of values of what not that much long ago were simply old cars

Anyone have any info on “ RetroSporting “ they seem to be doing vintage track days in Mid Cal & Nor Cal
    Looks fun !

While not just Porsches, SVRA (https://svra.com/) conducts vintage racing at many venues.
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300