Agreed with the general views on DE, just depends on your willingness to run with a slower group and allow people to pass you. Plus, autocross. Because I wasn't a PCA member prior to COVID, I haven't been able to run with CVR DE, so I just did PCA autocross. There are many 944s, 914s, and slow driving modern Porsches in that crowd, plus, people don't mind the "slower" car when you are squealing your way around the course and occasionally spinning out.

I got hooked up with a '69 jag in my SCDA run group the other day. It was a blast.

Name:  IMG_5696.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  92.8 KB

Hopefully I'll have a slick back in time for next year's triple-sprint rumble - if anyone knows of a lead, let me know (912s are getting ridiculously expensive to convert to a track car!). I heard great things about the vintage class of that event.

I guess it all depends on your local track and scene, but every time I go to Lime Rock there are a bunch of air cooled cars, 914s, and maybe another long hood if I'm lucky. Inevitably there will be a few old hands that drove long hoods and they are more than willing to dispense advice appropriate to the car and they certainly make me feel welcome. I've yet to go to a track day where people were not excited to see a 50-year old car driving around. If the guys in the corvettes and M3s are pissed at me, I'm too happy to care.