Thread: Leather seats means leather interior ?

Leather seats means leather interior ?

Hi, I am woking on my 73e Targa. It has COA option code 16 Genuine leather perforated. I have still got the original front seats in the car with the leather on it. The rest of the car has all kinds of different leathers and leatherets.

Where can I find anything on authetnic configuration of what parts where leather and what parts where leatherette ?

thanks

Jeroen

Name:  image002.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  47.4 KB
    Name:  image003.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  76.5 KB
    Name:  PHOTO-2020-10-12-18-17-46.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  66.2 KB

No. Their was an option for, leather front seats only, and full leather interior. My 73 Coupe has the leather front comfort seat option. Rob

My 66 has leather front seats, all other surfaces are not......in accordance with the kardex.
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

1973 code 16= Interior panels Leatherette Black, seats Leather Black, Seat inlay Leather perforated, Carpet Black
    code 66 is the full leather interior
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

thanks all,

There seem to be different types or sorts of leatherette as well. If I look at the inside of the doorjamb it's more elephant hide-ish and the rest ( door pockets, targa a-pillar etc. ) has more ore less a smoother leatherette

That would be correct. Two types of vinyl were used in 72-73 cars, coarse and smooth. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by joepjohan View Post
    thanks all,

There seem to be different types or sorts of leatherette as well. If I look at the inside of the doorjamb it's more elephant hide-ish and the rest ( door pockets, targa a-pillar etc. ) has more ore less a smoother leatherette
    None of that sounds correct most of the 72/73 car had quite a distinct vinyl grain dash facia, door trims, rear seats and side panels the A and B pillar rear deck back 2/3 and door pockets used a smoother but still grainy vinyl
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Thank you Boyers,
    I removed all interior parts, i must say they look orginal to me at this end.
    Where can i find what vinyl goes where ?

best,

Jeroen