Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: @eBay - 9110101545 70 Porsche 911T

Quote Originally Posted by terry911t View Post
    If it was me, and my wife tells me all the time not everyone is me.....I would get a reputable PPI done and have it available for serious buyers. I would ask serious buyers to pay something like 50 bucks for a copy of the report. Say you get 5 buyers pay 50 bucks that goes against the total cost of a PPI. Not sure how much a PPI is these days...including a leak down test. I don't think I would ever buy another car without a PPI or seeing the car in person. For a potential sale of 70K ish, investing in a PPI seems well worth it(and a COA is available).
    I fully agree. Great idea about prepaying for a PPI..
    Member # 4064
    ‘69 911E
    WTB! Looking for a 72-73 mfi coupe.

I'll second the recommendation for a PPI or in person inspection, on a car that is promoted as ready to drive. If it's sold as a project, that can be a different story.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Document before the eBay post disappears . . .
    -----------------------------------------------------
    eBay Online Auction
    1970 Porsche 2.2L 911T Coupe, Item #194131885318
    VIN: 9110101545
    Engine: 6109022
    Trans: -
    Color: Silver Metallic/Black Leatherette
    Mileage: -
    Price: TBD

1970 Porsche 911T Silver Metallic 2.jpg

1970 Porsche 911T Silver Metallic 1.jpg

1970 Porsche 911T Silver Metallic 3.jpg

1970 Porsche 911T Silver Metallic 4.jpg

1970 Porsche 911T Silver Metallic 6.jpg

1970 Porsche 911T Silver Metallic 7.jpg

1970 Porsche 911T Silver Metallic 8.jpg

1970 Porsche 911T Silver Metallic 10.jpg

1970 Porsche 911T Silver Metallic CoA.jpg

1970 Porsche 911T Silver Metallic Window Sticker.jpg

Seller's Description:

A great opportunity to purchase a well sorted, numbers matching, Porsche 911T that spent most of its life in Southern California. The original owner had the car for over 30 years and took it off the road in 1993 and placed it in dry storage. The second owner had the car recommissioned in 2006 when a Westchester, NY car collector purchased and kept for 7 years. Under his ownership he put in over $7,000 to include, shocks, brakes, re-sealing the engine.
    I purchased the car 7 years ago. Under my ownership I completed a windows out, removed panel, high quality respray. I also had the engine removed to reseal and complete a comestestic restoration. While the engine was out we installed a new Kevlar clutch. We also installed a beautiful stainless steel exhaust and PMO carbs. I also love the look of the European headlights so we installed them as well as well as silver (versus the original gold) Porsche letters and 911T.
    As you can see we have the original window sticker (not a photo copy), original maintenance book, owners manual and maintenance records. I have the original, steering wheel, Zenith Carbs, Head lights as well as the original gold letters for the trunk lid.
    The car is a 2+ and can very easily get to a 1. I drive it and I love it. It needs nothing except a sunny day and a windy road.
    Serious buyers should feel free to contact me for more pictures, videos and / or arrange a pre purchase inspection. The vehicle is being sold as is. While I tried to be as accurate as possible, it is the responsibility of the buyer to thoroughly inspect the vehicle.
    A $1,000 deposit is required with in 48 hours after auction has ended. The remaining balance must be received within 7 days after the deposit. I can help coordinate shipping with your transporter. Car is also for sale locally so i may withdraw if from the auction if sold locally.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Car looks decent to me. Has a lot of things going for it: Good documentation, good history of ownership, windows out repaint, no modifications that can't be returned to stock with original parts provided in sale, tool kit, etc. I bought my first 911 (1970 T with sunroof) on Ebay. I didn't forward any money until a PPI was completed at my expense to ensure that everything represented in the Ebay listing and any communication I had with the seller prior to the auction closing was conformed to be true. I actually hit the Buy it Now option rather that waiting for the auction to play out. Everything worked out fine for buyer and seller.

Even though a listing does not explicitly contemplate a PPI being performed after the auction ends, there is nothing to preclude it either.
    Brent
    '70 911S
    '68 TR250

Quote Originally Posted by BrentF View Post
    Car looks decent to me. Has a lot of things going for it: Good documentation, good history of ownership, windows out repaint, no modifications that can't be returned to stock with original parts provided in sale, tool kit, etc. I bought my first 911 (1970 T with sunroof) on Ebay. I didn't forward any money until a PPI was completed at my expense to ensure that everything represented in the Ebay listing and any communication I had with the seller prior to the auction closing was conformed to be true. I actually hit the Buy it Now option rather that waiting for the auction to play out. Everything worked out fine for buyer and seller.

Even though a listing does not explicitly contemplate a PPI being performed after the auction ends, there is nothing to preclude it either.
    Great point on Buy it now and then proceeding with the PPI. Seller seems amicable but said he's got someone local who offered him $70k he declined, lets see if they come to an agreement. Not being local to the car to at least give it a quick look is a bit of a disadvantage.
    Member # 4064
    ‘69 911E

So much for that local offer of 70. eBay auction says sold @68k

Quote Originally Posted by Dg567 View Post
    So much for that local offer of 70. eBay auction says sold @68k
    Wanted to follow up. Seller stated car did sell for $68k.
    Member # 4064
    ‘69 911E