Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: @BaT - 307030S . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tom F. View Post
    Is that high? Low?
    I’d say much too high for the quality. Won’t speak for Eric.

But it’s a very desirable color combo.
    Last edited by rower; 06-08-2021 at 09:58 AM.

@ rower: no, unfortunately that is not an optical illusion. the seat back does not match the rest of the seat. There can be several reasons, but it is obvious. take a look at the other perspectives. seats are of course also intended for a later porsche. the car shouldn't have any headrests either. perforation is wrong. likewise the perforated middle part of the headrest which never existed. according to kardex, the car had a letherette center panel and no cord. the saddler wasn't the best either ...

regards
    Last edited by recarno; 06-08-2021 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom F. View Post
    Is that high? Low?
    I'd say a little low imho.., as the saying goes "go find another".

As far as the seat goes, you have to know the intent. This car was built as a sports purpose vehicle and built to the owners desire. I've seen sport seats like this many times in the past. Original sport seats are meant for smaller people, the backs on these and the bottom bolsters were probably built for comfort meaning the bolster metal supports were bent "out" to accomodate the driver (a bigger guy), or they may have worked their way wide due to a large guy in the seat over time. This car wasn't built as an original time capsule so the comments on incorrect material aren't valid here.

So too low or too high is obviously a perspective depending on what you want. No right answer.
    Color is one of the best; hard to find that. Of course, if originality isn’t an issue one could do a color change on their car.

I’m a original freak so I wouldn’t even consider this. But as Eric says it was built for another purpose and another buyer.

I do know a full top end restoration is probably $200k though and several years.

I also think the BaT listings can get much higher prices now.
    Last edited by rower; 06-08-2021 at 11:28 AM.

It's just a really nice car. Really "pops". Really caught my eye and my wife also commented on it, which is rare. She usually saves her gushing for dressage horses. Is it worth 300 grand? Only takes one buyer to say yes.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Looked like a very nice car but as Eric said owner built it for his purpose. As for restoration costs today 200K is much too low.
    300K plus is more like it if you want top quality. I would say well bought in the market we have right now. 67S's aren't falling off trees.
    Good color combos even more so.

Well bought especially given the values of other 911s being sold on BaT.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

I guess I’m out of date on market values.
    I’ll need to raise insurance coverages.
    (But I am surprised to hear $200k won’t cover a restoration, assuming the donor car is complete and good to begin with)

What’s a first paint unrestored 67S with original recaros worth?

559DEBCB-CE8F-412D-AEBE-A7DFE9F580B3.jpg
    7EBD0673-422B-429E-87A2-D7548B607E27.jpeg

[QUOTE=rower;1097909]I guess I’m out of date on market values.
    I’ll need to raise insurance coverages.
    (But I am surprised to hear $200k won’t cover a restoration, assuming the donor car is complete and good to begin with)

What’s a first paint unrestored 67S with original recaros worth?

[/ QUOTE]

Hagerty says C$369k in #1 condition. Beautiful car BTW.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Prices of all early 911's seem to be on the rise again. I bumped the insurance value on my '72T last week. Looking at recent sales I couldn't replace it with a similar car for what I had it insured for.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic