Thread: Looking for info on any known RHD ST cars

Looking for info on any known RHD ST cars

Hi guys im looking for info on any known RHD ST cars i have heard the built 2 cars just wondered if anyone on here know of them or anymore?

Thanks

Jonny

There is one in the UK built in period in Australia from factory parts. So not a works built car. Pale Yellow and on carbs if I remember correctly. Saw it at the Donington Classic a few years ago. The owner used to be a DDK member.

The only 1970 factory built RHD car that I am aware of is 9110301715 which is an orange M491 car and was a track car not a rally car. It was Ray Thackwell's here in Australia and has been in the UK for a long time now. It did participate with the "slowly sideways" rally group for many years in Europe which is where UK and European members may have seen it in recent years.
    There was at least one other 1970 "lightweight S" ordered from and delivered to Australia with all of the options that an ST would have (LSD, enhanced engine output, roll bar etc) but I have never been able to track it down and I suspect it was a LHD car brought here to race (there were a number of LHD ST's here racing).

This is it in the UK a few years back

Name:  thackwell 1.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  61.6 KB

There was also a 1971 factory ST 9111300789 delivered to Ireland for Reggie McSpadden and registered COI 6 that is also still around in the UK

this is it back in the day I believe it is being restored at present
    Name:  coi6.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  190.4 KB

All of the factory built 1972 ST's (21 customer cars and 4 werks cars) were LHD so no RHD from that year
    Last edited by HughH; 06-07-2021 at 11:48 PM. Reason: added extra information
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Some information here on the Maxted-Page website regarding COI 6:

http://www.maxted-page.com/expertise...911-2-2-st-rhd
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

Hi.
    What information are you looking for?
    Are you looking for anything specific?
    Cheers.
    John.

Hi Hugh.
    I spoke with you years ago regarding 1715.
    Bit of an update.
    I have just had the engine rebuilt and it now pulls like a train.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    I could not remember my old password, so had to start again.
    Cheers.
    John.

Hi John
    good to hear from you. Yes I remember. I have been speaking to Philip B about your car recently. And as I am sure you know he has been talking to Ray Thackwell. That is great that it is doing so well. Philip has my contact details if you want to talk further - can’t PM you with small number of posts and don’t want them all over the web as I get enough spam already ��
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Hi Hugh.
    Yes he told me that you guys had, had a chat.
    I spoke with him on Friday.
    I also need to arrange a chat with Ray.
    Cheers.
    John.

Hi Johnny.
    I know Ray Thackwell’s ST very well.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnydaz53 View Post
    Hi guys im looking for info on any known RHD ST cars i have heard the built 2 cars just wondered if anyone on here know of them or anymore

Thanks

Jonny
    Hi Jonny.
    I know one of the cars really well.
    Cheers.
    John.