Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need another experience

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    I own all three... 240Z, Gen1 Rx7, and a Saab 900 ('94 Turbo CE convertible). All great cars but the Saab is the most fun by a significant margin. I think they're the best of the various vintage turbos.
    Great line up of cars John! All I wanted in period. Instead of a new Saab spg I ended up buying a 20,000 mile used Carrera cabriolet starting my 911 journey!

That must be awesome to chose among them.

I had a very nice 240Z for 6 years, sold it in 2011 to buy my first 911. Nice enough car, but I personally don't think it was as satisfying to drive as some of the other things mentioned here.

DSC_1706.jpg
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    Thinking of a 2002tii...
    Then why not a BMW 3,0CS, or the several related variants?

A nice motorsports legacy too, winning Sebring in 1975 and the Daytona 24 Hours in 1976.
    Below, the Quester/Hezemans CSL winning the Spa-Francorchamps 24 Hours in 1973.

Jon B.
    72 3,0CS owner :-)

In darker colors, some of these are nice..

http://classicshowcase.com/gallery/J58-312/

Two of these are probably too new for this thread but a 2005 to ? Lotus Elise would be one for me. About 1/3 the price of a 914-6 currently. If I still had my 6 then I would pass on the Lotus. 2nd choice, a hot rod Datsun 510 with a warmed over 2 liter. 3rd, a last year or two hot rod Nissan 240SX.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 06-14-2021 at 11:24 AM.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Street rods are really fun to mess with. I am getting ready to build a flathead for this one. It's as much fun to drive as my 72S

34 FORD.jpg

Once on a leg north from Charleston W. Va. 79N, with steep mountain terrain for 20 miles, a mini was in front. The car seemed to have stability or handling issues tracking downhill in the lane, but other than he seemed to be having a hek of a good time.

mini.jpg

How about an Alfa GTV 2000? Really fun car to drive....

IMG-0766.jpg
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

I had a 300ZX TT and it was a fun car with modern features. I did not drive it in the snow!

IMG_4031.jpg
    Last edited by dca911t; 07-03-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    David C. Allen
    1970 911T 2.2

Choices

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    . . . looking at cars I've always liked the looks of but never yet driven. A car I can take in to town and not be concerned too much about it . . .

. . . Needs to be fun so I will want to take it out
    . . .

Think a lot of us are in the same boat --- something 'fun' to clobber 'round in, useful --- but not too expensive . . . or fragile

tii was on my list --- for about 2 seconds . . . too fragile + rust-prone, IMO

My thoughts . . .

Semi-modern . . .

BMW e36 M3 sedan --- fast, easy to keep, stylish, relatively cheap (for now) . . . a car you could actually fall in love with

Subaru Impreza WRX STi --- hard-to-find stock but an all-weather fighter, semi-practical (roomy, 4 doors, hatch, etc) + getting pricey (esp if stock) but a usable Every Day + easy to get rid of

Classic . . .

'69 Chevy Camaro --- what can I say . . . nothing beats a classic Chevy for fun/$ . . . and '69s are the prettiest IMO. Another car 'at's tough-to-find stock, pricey + thirsty but stupid easy to maintain and also easy to get rid of. And after half-a-century? . . . ya won't sweat the dings. 'Sides --- these are tanks

Left-Brainers . . .

Full-size Short-bed Regular Cab Pick-ups --- Euros won't get this but, here in North America, these are your basic gym bag-cum-tool box-slash-backpack type vehicle. Thirsty and not-exactly thrifty in-general --- but for most single drivers? . . . just about unbeatable, ultra useable. And also about to go extinct --- seriously . . . most manufacturers only build extra- or crew-cabs, any more. Triple bonus points for 4WD

And --- if you take care of these? . . . preeeetty good chance any of 'em will make you some money when it comes time to sell, IMO.

And just watch what happens with those reg-cab-four-by trucks --- especially the Toyota . . .

. . . Boom-shaka-laka-laka

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 06-17-2021 at 11:23 AM.

We Can Be Heroes