Thread: Seeking a Targa Bar Part

Seeking a Targa Bar Part

As I try to complete the re-assembly of 911 Targa 11880001, it appears that I am missing what appears to be 2 reinforcement pieces for the targa bar. After all these years, I thought I had the Parts Manual memorized for stuff like this, but the surprises continue. (Such is the learning process.)

The pieces are # 901-565-813.40 and 814.40 (left and right), and described on page 8/15T in the parts manual "bearing/right" and bearing/left".

I am beginning the search with this post, inasmuch as I've had several occasions where Early S was the most productive venue for the weird stuff.

If anyone has these laying around, please let me know.

(Now, I will commence innumerable computer-based "searches" in which I find that buffoons with parts websites waste our time because they don't actually have what their website alleges them to have.)

Thanks for your assistance, in advance.

Is this the machined spacer that gos to the body and between the ends of the bows on each side at the pivot?
    I dont have the parts manual and come up empty on the P/N. I have a dimensional drawing to be able to make the spacer if that is the part.

Regards
    67 ROW 912 Targa

Sorry for the delay, but I was waiting for a definitive response. I now know that I have the part, and I am trying to make sure I know the details. I'll keep you posted.

My thanks to Jerry L and others. the short story is that i have the pieces i need.

i have come to HATE illustration 8/15T. it is terribly unclear with regard to where the parts are to be installed, and it took a lot of sorting and unproductive inquiries to finally figure it out. on top of that, i mis-read the part #, which makes me the buffoon.

but just in case any of you ever need a top quality contact for SWT pieces, i recommend Tom at Carpoint (located in Germany). the guy was really knowledgeable and helpful, plus, he keeps his website up-to-date.