Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you date this picture at Porsche werks?

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    That’s the original interior? (On my phone so small picture)

Really nice then! Awesome.
    Corduroy seat inserts were replaced but other than that, yes, original. Thanks.

Porsche Werk I

The photo posted by Biancaneve, and the 917 photos from the same area were taken inside the rear buildings at Werk I.
    Werk I was the original pre-war Porsche facility in Zuffenhausen, but after the war it was occupied by the American military until December 1955.

In the meantime, Porsche purchased land across the road, and in 1952 built what became known as Werk II.
    When Werk I was returned to Porsche, the rear buildings were used for customer service, new developments and the racing department, while car production remained at Werk II.

Werk I

Werk II is in the center of this aerial photo, with Werk I up to the left, across the road.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Ya gotta love the tool box of the mechanic in the foreground, an old fishing tackle box with the tools just tossed in it. The right front wheel of the blue car doesn't seem to have studs pressed in the hub?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Ya gotta love the tool box of the mechanic in the foreground, an old fishing tackle box with the tools just tossed in it...
    Yes Ed, not uncommon at the factory in those days... :-)

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Ya gotta love the tool box of the mechanic in the foreground, an old fishing tackle box with the tools just tossed in it. The right front wheel of the blue car doesn't seem to have studs pressed in the hub?
    Pretty sure that's a standard issue Hazet folding box... no need for changes to that company's product line, they still make it! Who needs organizers?
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Great photo and thread. Thank you Jon B for the aerial shots! Those are so helpful.

More Werk I

Name:  Porsche - Factory - Werk I.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  86.8 KB

Name:  550 Spyder assembly at Factory 2.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  138.6 KB

Name:  8490916455_65b0fe0349_c.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  381.5 KB

Name:  8492017804_118bda5b1a_c.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  107.3 KB

Name:  550 Spyder assembly at Factory 3 .jpg
Views: 596
Size:  43.2 KB
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Early Photos

Werk I

Werk II

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Dear all, I've tried to consolidate all the info, evidences, facts and assumptions I have received from difference sources for publication on my website.

Here it is. Can you please let me have your comments in order to improve it?

Many thanks.

M.
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

If the asumption that the race car in the far left corner is a 908 and specifically the 908/02 #20 at Le Mans 1969 is correct, this picture cannot be earlier than may 1969 as the 908/02-014 seems to have been built from wrecked chassis 908-028 after Spa that year:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  70.2 KB

Name:  Capturee.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  99.3 KB

Source : http://tech-racingcars.wikidot.com/porsche-908-2
    https://www.racingsportscars.com/cha...e/908-028.html
    ESR Member: #3430
    John-Buffum-1st-Porsche ?

SOLVED, IT IS MARCH 1968

Well, I think I overlooked the most important check ... what is in the back of the picture. I have looked carefully and found some faint stamps on the kodak paper ... well ... this is what I got. I think this closes the discussions on the date.

Name:  retro_2.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  123.8 KB
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter