Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Can you date this picture at Porsche werks?

Great Thread indeed !

ps & does anyone else have any more similar photos from this period, with a number of cars in for service
    (... as I just love these photos ... !!)
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)

Werk I Rear Buildings

The workshop building behind these cars can be seen in the aerial photo posted earlier, and again below.
    In the aerial photo, it's the building with the three white stacks, directly below the x-mark above the photo.

Behind the young lady...

To the rear of the Carrera GTL, on the right...

Behind the 917...

Directly below the x-mark........ X ........with the three white stacks.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Werk I Rear Buildings

Name:  DSCN6387.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  93.3 KB

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Werk I Rear Buildings

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

umm ... very good images.

Great shots, thanks for posting ����
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)

Porsche Werk I

Lots of cars & drivers to identify... :-)

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Jon
    The Irish green car behind S-L 2265 is Ferry Porsche's company car at the time. I can just make out the license plate, S-H 7200, when I play around with the photo on the PC. It was a "prototype" 1969S with versuch body number 320-011 and also vin 119300002. Last I heard of it it was being restored in South Africa.
    I understand that it was ordered/spec decided on 02/August/1968. Car delivered completed 29/October/1968 (although that seems quite late for what was supposedly a "prototype" given the 69 GTS cars were made in June and July). Car was driven by Dr Ferry Porsche until 21/10/1969 when it was sold to Baron Karl von Wendt who owned the BG racing team running 908/917s
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

I like the one covered in snow on the right…
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

here you go Jon
    who can add the names of the factory people in the photo?
    Name:  1969 monte team.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  113.9 KB
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776