Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chrome muffler tip for Dansk Muffler

FYI Not many know but the Porsche ones are made by Dansk exclusive in Denmark

and dont ask how I know :-)

Marek

Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
    FYI Not many know but the Porsche ones are made by Dansk exclusive in Denmark

and dont ask how I know :-)

Marek
    They may be, but they are correct dimensions unlike the Dansk branded versions. I bought one of Eric’s tips used from someone here and it fit perfectly on tje Porsche muffler I bought at my dealer. They also sound different than the house Dansk version. So Porsche is not just putting their part number on a standard Dansk muffler and charging twice as much. It is a very different muffler.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Yes , very different , I question Dansk being the manufacturer .

Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post
    Pro tip: Don't question Marek about issues like this.

WoW,
    I want the "Pro Tip" for my car's exhaust.
    Thanks JP
    Mark

My '72 has an OE Bischoff that was apparently a factory replacement part installed who-knows-when. Date code is late-74, as I recall. I love it and hope it never dies. Much nicer than current Dansk, from what I've seen and heard. So if I do need to replace it someday, I might cringe at the price but would still pop for the Porsche Classic part.

Back onto the chrome tip topic - what is the best option today for a tip to fit my old Bischoff? Square rolled end would be great, but I could live without if there's a decent, affordable alternative.
    Last edited by Arne; 07-09-2021 at 10:21 AM.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post
    Why? Dansk has long provided aftermarket parts and the Dansk branded parts are likely their own design. If Porsche went to Dansk and said "build our classic mufflers" they likely provided the drawing set to Dansk for production. Which would explain the dimensional differences between the two.

Begs the question, did Porsche design the original mufflers and then gave the drawings to Leistritz and Bischoff to manufacture or did those companies create their own designs?? I suspect it was a Porsche design from the off.

Much like the turn signal buckets and lenses.. Just because they were made by Bosch doesn't mean that Porsche used an off the shelf Bosch design.. That is an additional reason for the Porsche VP marking on the original parts me thinks.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Hello.

We would like to clear the air on this thread. It is correct that throughout the years the size of the Dansk muffler was larger than the OE version (60 mm, where OE was 57), and as that was not the correct measurements, we had it changed last year.
    Last year we changed the mufflers back to the original OE 57 mm for the F-model. However, we cannot guarantee that some of the dealerships have the new mufflers in stock instead of the old. We would recommend you to check in with the dealer before purchase to make sure you acquire the correct measurements.

For the F-model, we have manufactured a new chrome tip as well with a flat rounding like the OE version. (JP no. 1620705700)

For the G-model we kept the 60 mm muffler, as that is the same as the OE version.

We hope that cleared the air a bit.

Best regards,
    Maria Fleissig - E-commerce at Dansk Original.
    mmf@jpgroup.dk

I'm going to assume Dansk did make the Porsche parts. It proves they are capable of producing something that is high quality and fits. Now we just need to get them to apply the same attention to detail and quality to their Dansk branded parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Romney View Post
    I'm going to assume Dansk did make the Porsche parts. It proves they are capable of producing something that is high quality and fits. Now we just need to get them to apply the same attention to detail and quality to their Dansk branded parts.
    Hi Chris.

In case there is anything specific you are thinking of, please let me know per e-mail so we can either clarify or inspect the part.

Best regards,
    Maria Fleissig
    E-commerce at Dansk Original
    mmf@jpgroup.dk