Thread: FS: 3.0 Euro Carrera engine

FS: 3.0 Euro Carrera engine

This is a very strong running engine taken out of a euro carrera less than a week ago. I personally rode in the car and the engine runs great. Oil pressure is strong at all revs and the leakdown is very good. This is a true euro carrera engine with most all of the correct parts - looks like fan and chain tensioners were upgraded. The engine was probably a factory replacement with a blank case that was stamped for customs or dmv. I talked to two of the best engine experts out there and they said it was common to stamp numbers to make registration easier. Engine was always properly maintained but mileage is unknown. SSI's are included. Owner is installing a built 3.8 so this engine needs to get sold. $19,995. Email - Mark@MarkEpstein.net to purchase.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mepstein; 07-17-2021 at 07:09 PM.
    A part isn't purchased until paid.

The 9 Store LLC.

“Euro engine version is much faster and more powerful eng than US version engine (due to DEQ and custom regulation to meet DOT) based on my experience when I had a Euro 911. I believe that Euro engine is by far the best bullet proof eng I have ever driven.”
    “Original 3.0 was 8.5 to 1.Going to 9.8 is a great improvment.It is a much lighter crank than an SC with much less mass.“

The 9 Store LLC.

Turbo engine without turbo

The Carrera 3.0 engine is essentially the 911 Turbo 2993 cc engine – just without the turbocharger. In addition, the lighter 6-bolt flywheel and the crankshaft from the 2.7 RS were installed. To compensate for the missing turbo booster of the 930, Porsche increased the compression ratio and thus provided the three-liter Carrera with a proud 200 hp and a torque of 255 Nm at 4,200 rpm. On the road together this also explains why the performance values of the Carrera 3.0 are very similar to those of the 2.7 RS. Although it is often referred to as the tamed version of the original 2.7 RS with 210 hp, it was able to achieve even better values in the various tests: from 0 to 100 km/h, the Carrera 3.0 was a tenth of a second faster (6.3s ), and even two tenths of a second faster from 0 to 180 km/h.

This was due to the improved torque, the 2.7 RS achieved the same torque only at a much more aggressive 5100 rpm. A direct comparison of the power curves explained the wonder: at up to 5 000 rpm, the three-liter engine delivers significantly more power than the 2.7 RS. Only at higher than this magical border can the old Carrera beat it.

The optimized torque was also reflected in another test: the Carrera 3.0 was a good 3 seconds faster than the 2.7 RS and the 2.7 Carrera from 25 to 100 mph. And all this with a car, which was at least 45kg heavier due to the additional noise insulation.

The 9 Store LLC.

I have a Euro 3.0 with 46mm PMOs in my 70T. The driving experience is exhilarating and powerful; if you are building a long hood hot rod, this is a definite ‘sweet spot’ and would highly recommend. Best of luck with the sale.
    1957 356A Cab Condor Yellow
    1970 911E Targa “CONDA G”
    1970 911T3.2 “Meatballs”
    1972 911T2.5 “AWBRGN”
    1972 911T Targa Glaserblau
    1976 911S Talbot Yellow

Had one (and the car around it) Loved it. Revved so freely, it "forgot" its rev-limiter and bent all the valves. Swapped another in, was as good as the first.
    Great engines.

SOLD, thanks, mark

The 9 Store LLC.