Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VIN 13366 RHD prototype, 8th february 1965

Those look like later replacements.

Yes. I would have thought that after use by the factory and before being sold that a lot of wear item like brakes shock absorbers etc would have been replaced before the car was sold It is not like an old race car being sold in “as last put away” condition. It needs to be seen in the context of a used car being sold where it has to be in good condition for the sale.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Quote Originally Posted by GRAEMEW View Post
    Here are the pictures, sorry thats the best I could do they are very pitted.

The rear shocks were so bat I couldnt get a picture of them. but they are marked
    120201-32909-0
    BOGE
    902-333051-01

However they look like they are grey all over.
    since they have the porsche warenzeichen(trademark) they are late 67 or younger

Here is the Boge color of the strut I bought from Moito https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...ght=BOGE+strut

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    Here is the Boge color of the strut I bought from Moito https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...ght=BOGE+strut
    Thanks those pictures are exactly what I needed
    I am going to use por15 on the front struts then top coat them with the correct shade.
    I upset I will loose the markings but they are so pitted that once I have cleaned them up I wont have much left any way.

The inserts I removed are Blue but not marked so I am presuming they are BOGE. As I can't get the originals anymore I thought I would use the KONI's that are available. Has anyone got any recommendations or advice.

The rears also had the warenzeichen(trademark) the marks were basically the same design but different numbers.
    I am presuming the rears get totally replaced and cant be retained like the front ones. (I am desperately trying to retain the original parts were possible.)

I would not be surprised if the shocks were replaced before it was sold to AFN in 67, I have found this all the way through.
    It would be interesting what indicates they may have been replaced. The whole car is a mix of old 356 bits, original early 911 bits, and later 66/67 912 bits. But that that would also be expected if to was used as a prototype by Porsche.

Check with Paul Chappell (route66kix) on here. He might still have the Boge stuff new that you need.
    Last edited by doigthom; 12-16-2021 at 05:50 AM.

Front wing support pipes

Hi guys, I am after some help (AGAIN)
    I am looking at the wing front pipe supports.
    Because there is nothing left to weld anything to I am replacing the front of the inner wings,
    Both sides have been bodged up and there is nothing left to see how this was done.
    The new panels haven't got anywhere to mount the wing support pipes.
    Has anyone got a picture of what they should look like I presume there is a hole and a pipe that they attach to.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

nos 68 nose...plenty of small differences compared to the previous years
    the last 3 fotos are 67

the tube is available from restoration design but 65 is different to what they sell-- it can be altered easily..don`t exactly remember what the difference is but the two pictures with the J-tube attached show a `65 maybe it was only the diameter of the hole where the cables go through.
    my "technical" drawing shows the orientation of the tube.
    how far the tube sticks out of the wheel house is pretty much defined by the holes in the laterals(if they are not rotten away)...but it does not matter very much if you are a bit off since there is plenty of
    room for adjustment via the J-tube

make sure you save these pictures that moitto has posted.
    they are some of the best resource materials you will find.