Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: VIN 13366 RHD prototype, 8th february 1965

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    i built a hydraulic stamping tool for those indents...i use original porsche rocker panels for this conversion. it is not only the indents that ate different compared to the later versions. i posted an ad here--with detailed pictures--can`t find it but maybe someone has a link.
    currently have none in stock and i do not have the time to do a run in the near future
    but i sold a set to haul which he put in the shelf --just in case he would need them one day.he probably still has them.

BTW..never use repro rocker panels!
    well…Franz…if you promise to make me another set, I will sure give mine for the sake of the proto…
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    well…Franz…if you promise to make me another set, I will sure give mine for the sake of the proto…
    a while ago porsche was short of the sill panels...not sure if they have them back in stock now....given those are available at the same price(~200€ each) i promis to make an other set for you --anyways planning to do an other run somewhen in 2024.
    feel free to get them now and next time we meet i take em home with me

f.

a while ago porsche was short of the sill panels...not sure if they have them back in stock now....given those are available at the same price(~200€ each) i promis to make an other set for you --anyways planning to do an other run somewhen in 2024.
    feel free to get them now and next time we meet i take em home with me

f.

Franz,

as spoken....your rocker set from back in the days is on the way to complete the proto....

br
    haul
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

[QUOTE=haul;1157904]Franz,

as spoken....your rocker set from back in the days is on the way to complete the proto....

br
    haul[/QUOTE
    Thanks Haul and Franz,

Sadly I suspect it won't be the last SOS I send out. But we should be moving ahead again now.

I am still looking for an original rear torsion bar mount. Hopefully I will find one. But that doesn't hold up progress. Will post new pictures when the sills are fitted next week.

Graeme.

[QUOTE=GRAEMEW;1157939]
    Franz,

br
    haul[/QUOTE
    Thanks Haul and Franz,

Sadly I suspect it won't be the last SOS I send out. But we should be moving ahead again now.

I am still looking for an original rear torsion bar mount. Hopefully I will find one. But that doesn't hold up progress. Will post new pictures when the sills are fitted next week.

Graeme.
    Arrived today, perfect fitName:  IMG20230731164555.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  66.5 KB

[QUOTE=GRAEMEW;1157939]
    Franz,

br
    haul[/QUOTE
    Thanks Haul and Franz,

I am still looking for an original rear torsion bar mount. Hopefully I will find one.
    what is a torsion bar mount?any pictures? what i do have are sway bar mounts...

[QUOTE=moito;1158328]
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAEMEW View Post

what is a torsion bar mount?any pictures? what i do have are sway bar mounts...
    I am missing one of the original shaped rear torsion bar mounts, they look like this.
    I have a new one but they are not the same.
    Name:  torsion bar mount.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  91.3 KB

Excellent co-operation on the sill/rocker - well done to all!

[QUOTE=GRAEMEW;1158370]

I am missing one of the original shaped rear torsion bar mounts, they look like this.
    I have a new one but they are not the same.
    Name:  torsion bar mount.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  91.3 KB
    will have a look once i`m back home---in a few days

Name:  sill rear wing joint.jpeg
Views: 132
Size:  36.3 KB

while fitting the sill I noticed where the new rear wing and new sill joined there was a bit that didn’t look right. However, a closer inspection of the original rear quarter / wing showed that this had been the same joint. On the original it had been lead filled. Presumably in the factory but it may have been when the sill was repaired and a replacement welded on top of the rusty original sill. (I think it was factory as it looked to have been sprayed signal red over the lead. But why was LEAD used as a filler ? )

Does anyone know if that was standard practice to fill this joint.