Thread: '70 911T engine bay relays

'70 911T engine bay relays

Does anyone have any info that documents the two small round aluminium relays on the engine bay console?

Name:  enginebaypanel.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  76.8 KB
    '95 993 | '70 911T

Name:  eng rely.JPG
Views: 995
Size:  54.1 KB

consider this.
    I haven't been able to find an image for 1970T.
    Are you sure the relays have wires underneath?
    A couple things.
    My 71T only has one cylindrical relay. In black plastic.
    There is no plug in hole #1. Just a hole. With wires coming out.
    Your three fuses, seem changed out, much newer than the common ceramic ones.
    Last edited by Scott A; 07-13-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Thanks Scott.. interesting. My car is a T, so carbs - but has the relay for starter enrichment. I wonder why...
    '95 993 | '70 911T

spray tubes in the air cleaner, usually removed by dealers per Porsche tech bulletin, due to stack fires.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks Ed!
    '95 993 | '70 911T

Quote Originally Posted by Scott A View Post
    Your three fuses, seem changed out, much newer than the common ceramic ones.
    Correct - I put that new fuse panel in - from classicretro in the UK. For anyone doing similar note the difference in the bussed terminals (the parallel lines on the input side) on early cars. I'm not sure what year that changed, but I had to reverse the order of the fuses.
    '95 993 | '70 911T