Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it/what's it worth, cpl boxes of parts etc

What is it/what's it worth, cpl boxes of parts etc

I acquired a couple boxes of parts, and parts too big for a box, came from a 1967 Porsche 912 according to the owners daughter. Most parts I know what they are, some I don't know, I had a 1982 911SC back in the 90s when it was $8k with 160k miles. I think a lot fit a 911, would be helpful to know also, I will be selling them to fund other projects, a 64 Karmann Ghia and a 1990 944 S2 Cabriolet. All the parts can be seen in my flickr album, https://www.flickr.com/photos/115986...57719557602917 a few with unknown parts attached, and the list I know or question as follows:

muffler 912 couple dings each end
    front windshield tinted good shape
    back windshield tinted good shape SSekurit-F
    front seat bottom damaged
    2 front seat tops 1 missing cover
    2 rear seat bottoms
    2 rear seat tops
    Rear bumper center
    rear bumper guard
    front bumper guard
    seat chrome hinge
    seat hinge bar
    rear floor mat
    window regulator
    steering shaft
    wiper motor and arm assembly
    gas cap
    door handle
    trunk cardboard?
    black curved metal tube 2"?
    brackets?
    splined shaft in housing?
    2 thin rods with hinged brackets?
    short hose with clamps?

Thanks for the help, Chuck

Name:  20210715_184933.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  179.8 KBName:  20210715_184946.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  172.2 KBName:  20210715_184926.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  189.3 KB

Pretty rough stuff and nothing jumps out as great value. The windshield might be an exception depending on condition and markings. Selling as a lot you might get $500. Maybe a bit more. You'll do better if you sell everything individually but a lot of time and a lot of small $$ sales.

The tube and hose with clamps is the gas tank filler and the orange donut is a seal for that. You also have the vinyl splash guard,. The ‘rods and hinge brackets’ are a door lock assy. The only thing I don’t recognize is the shaft in that small tube assembly. Muffler is 912 and your right, 911 and 912 were nearly identical.

With the exception of that one seat bottom, I don’t think the parts look all that rough for 67/68. That front windshield could be a real treasure though and I’d research that well. Some guys go to great lengths to replicate original tint and markings.

I’m a bit less pessimistic on a lot price, if buying the lot for myself, I’d go to $750. JP is right about individual sales.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Just figured it out looking at this on a big screen and not my phone,,,, that's the under dash steering column.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Thanks guys, I see some of the parts on Ebay, back seats are plentiful, and just a couple windshields. I also sent them to dC Automotive -"Paradise for Porsche Parts" in Rocky Mount NC, may trade them for 922 S2 engine parts if they're interested.

Sent you a note with contact to the 912bbs could be another source for you. I also have some interest in a few parts.

Best Regards

Oh, i think you need about 10 posts (?) before you can send PM's, once you hit the limit the option will open up when you click on another persons ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry L View Post
    Sent you a note with contact to the 912bbs could be another source for you. I also have some interest in a few parts.

Best Regards

Oh, i think you need about 10 posts (?) before you can send PM's, once you hit the limit the option will open up when you click on another persons ID
    Thanks Jerry!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry L View Post

Best Regards

Hey Jerry, you can send email to my yahoo, it's chevy55_geo at yhoo

Wow, there's an original 356/912 muffler on Ebay for $1500?

Done, helping to get your post # up!

Best Regards